Old User Login issues

Posted by: neil

Old User Login issues - 09/11/10 09:12 AM

Hi all,

This thread is meant for just one thing -- debugging the issues with old user logins for MacTech/MacNews and the AppleCentral Forums.

First step. Please reset your password (or do a lost password) at MacTech.com or MacNews.com (same backend).

Let me know how that works.
Thanks!

Neil
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Old User Login issues - 09/11/10 09:40 AM

Laughing_Cow password has been reset, but the Cow is not smiling. I was able to log in to MacTech with the new password, but not the forums.
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Old User Login issues - 09/11/10 12:35 PM

Well, I tried to log in to MacTech using the username password I'd registered before, which is the same as the ones I use on the forums. It wouldn't allow me to do it. I then tried to register again, using the same username password--and got told I couldn't do it because the username was already in use. Duh--it's me!

Re: Old User Login issues - 09/11/10 12:53 PM

Do you think there's a password issue? Can you log in at mactech.com? If not, can you use the lost password mechanism and see if that works for you?
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Old User Login issues - 09/11/10 01:33 PM

Hey hey, Neil, that worked! I got the one-of login email, changed the password to what it was before, and now I can log in. I tested it by logging out of the account at MacTech then logging back in. I was already logged in on the forums so I don't know if logging in over at MacTech logs me in over here--but I really don't care. I'm just happy that the login issue is resolved. Thanks!
Posted by: adot

Re: Old User Login issues - 09/11/10 02:28 PM

Old member login still not working for me. I tried resetting my password as suggested, but was not able to, my user name or email address were not found.

I was able to create a new user and login into the forums, MacTech and MacNews.

Re: Old User Login issues - 09/11/10 04:16 PM

What happens if you try to register the username that doesn't work on MacTech?
Posted by: adot

Re: Old User Login issues - 09/11/10 05:57 PM

Tried creating the account at MacTech with the old user name, password and email, would not let me. Tried a different e-mail account and password still would not work.

Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: Old User Login issues - 09/11/10 06:17 PM

Originally Posted By: yoyo52
Hey hey, Neil, that worked! I got the one-of login email, changed the password to what it was before, and now I can log in. I tested it by logging out of the account at MacTech then logging back in. I was already logged in on the forums so I don't know if logging in over at MacTech logs me in over here--but I really don't care. I'm just happy that the login issue is resolved. Thanks!

Now that you can log in at MacTech, what advantages do you have over not being logged in? You can comment on the articles there. Anything else?

I created starmill Ethel and logged in at MacNews. I read an article until it says go to "more" which takes more seconds wait. I then enter a subject line [why] and make a comment. I must preview the remark [no choice not to preview it] and then after it is submitted I went to the top of the page to click on "MacTech" news and waited while it slowly came back on my screen. [Slower than our forum pages reload.]

While still logged in as starmill Ethel I saw a list of latest topics on the right side of MacNews page and clicked on one. I went directly to the Forums and the page I selected. But -- I was KateSorensen as I was already logged in there. That's fine with me.

I just do not see the need to log in at MacTech news if making comments is the only advantage and it is too slow a process. Might be nice to read other people's comments, but there is no indication of any comments unless you look at the end of each article!!

Kate

Posted by: zwei

Re: Old User Login issues - 10/27/10 12:42 PM

I couldn't log in either. I fixed it by using the "Forgot Password" feature, logging in, then changing my password back to what it was. I was able to get back in with my old password then.
Posted by: John Rougeux

Re: Old User Login issues - 11/03/10 04:32 AM

Bird/Candy is having issues with logging in:

Quote:
I can read the posts there but can't log in. I have been trying for over a week When I put in bird and forgot password....it says password mailed....I figured out that I changed by e-mail when I was finally able to get off land line. Anyway.....sent in several e-mails and they were returned from applecentral. I went to mactech and tried to check in with bird and they said that name was taken etc etc...no go. I bit the bullet and registered at mactech with avian and my new email...so i can get in to mactech but when I go to applecentral and log in it says that i am not registered.I have written in and get a reply from mactech to reset passwordetc i did and yet nadda...no joy. I think it is a lost cause....maybe someone can help ....I am exhausted from trying[insert sadface here]. I had posted here before but when I came back they had bird but my new e-mail wasn't registered so i re-registered as avian and my new e--mail.

Looking at her profile, she registered with an older email that I don't think she uses/has anymore. So I think the password is going to that old email. I sent her a message (not on here) letting her know, so perhaps she can fix that.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Old User Login issues - 11/03/10 06:15 AM

Originally Posted By: John Rougeux
Looking at her profile, she registered with an older email that I don't think she uses/has anymore. So I think the password is going to that old email. I sent her a message (not on here) letting her know, so perhaps she can fix that.
I changed the email last night for her. Michael PM'd me with the right one.
Posted by: NCBird

Re: Old User Login issues - 11/03/10 11:20 AM

Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood cool

Thanks to all of you for helping poor pitiful me, but now I'm happy new name and all, so so so happy and thankful to you all for getting me back that you deserve a little North Carolina
"thank you" flash laugh
Posted by: padmavyuha

Re: Old User Login issues - 11/03/10 11:18 PM

That deserves this...

Posted by: NCBird

Re: Old User Login issues - 11/05/10 08:23 AM

Lol....I have that gif, its one of my favorites laugh