post count?

Posted by: lanovami

post count? - 07/26/10 03:04 PM

I thought this was odd enough for a new oddity post.

It seems everyone's post count has stopped going up? Never seen this type of problem before.

If this is rehash, I apologize.

-Lanovami 3397

Re: post count? - 07/26/10 03:05 PM

Oh so now it goes up!

Re: post count? - 07/26/10 03:08 PM

Okay, so now post counts are going up. Do they freeze now and then? Some kind of server lag? I want to go back now and delete some of these embarrassing posts, but (new problem) I am no longer able to delete posts, even if I just wrote them seconds before. Is this deliberate?
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: post count? - 07/26/10 03:16 PM

Yeah, the delete thing has existed from the beginning for me.

Re: post count? - 07/26/10 03:20 PM

Seriously? Since which beginning? I don't know if I was around enough in MacTech days, but certainly before that I was able to delete posts (ahem, not that it was something I engaged in all that often).

Re: post count? - 07/26/10 03:30 PM

Since we've been here at MacTech.

Re: post count? - 07/26/10 03:40 PM

OK, I see.
Posted by: polymerase

Re: post count? - 07/26/10 03:40 PM

You cannot delete posts? That is so awesome! I change my mind. MacTech is the best forum ever. I should have realized I have not had a battle with a total douche because the douche has delete a post. And posts cannot be anonymously bumped to the top.

Kudos MacTech, I might stick around after all. ;-O

Re: post count? - 07/26/10 04:27 PM

LOL! Yeah, no deletes around here.

laugh

Re: post count? - 07/26/10 05:01 PM

The only deletion I would consider making is when I post in the wrong forum or reply to the wrong person - and that would be done immediately before there would be time for a response from someone else. I wouldn't delete a post once it had become a thread.
Posted by: carp

Re: post count? - 07/26/10 09:10 PM

I would only want to delete a post I made, thats with in the first few minutes of posting the original. Normally a duplicate post or after reading it was way to far off topic and a few time had non appropriate language laugh
Posted by: Jim_

Re: post count? - 07/26/10 10:24 PM

Originally Posted By: carp
I would only want to delete a post I made, thats with in the first few minutes of posting the original. Normally a duplicate post or after reading it was way to far off topic and a few time had non appropriate language laugh
All anyone has to do is ask. I haven't banned a spammer or moved or deleted a post in so long I'm jonesing. One moved thread is all in the last few weeks and that was just a courtesy move, we must have you all trained quite well finally. That wasn't that hard, was it?

winkie LOL j/k...

...because I can't think of my own words to express it... smirk

Re: post count? - 07/27/10 02:27 AM

Well, I felt pretty idiotic after my post count immediately went up after posting about post counts not going up. If that's not a reason to delete, I don't know what is. Having said that, this thread turned out relatively interesting so now worries.
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: post count? - 07/27/10 08:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Reboot
[quote=carp]One moved thread is all in the last few weeks and that was just a courtesy move

I confess, I confess . . . it was mine, mine, all mine. I'm so ashamed. But you were the soul of courtesy and didn't once laugh at me.

smile

Re: post count? - 07/27/10 12:40 PM

Not that you heard....

wink

Re: post count? - 07/27/10 01:34 PM

Say it ain't so, Michael!
Posted by: Jim_

Re: post count? - 07/27/10 05:39 PM

I would have replied sooner but I have been laughing too hard to type.

Re: post count? - 07/27/10 05:55 PM

Hey, I do it all for your entertainment.
Posted by: polymerase

Re: post count? - 07/27/10 06:49 PM

Reboot sending the entire Forum PMs containing "HAHAHA yoyo" I thought was a little tacky.

Re: post count? - 07/27/10 07:26 PM

And he seems such a gentleman.