Well, that was fun... NOT!

Posted by: neil

Well, that was fun... NOT! - 05/16/10 10:02 AM

Sorry for taking the board offline for so long. While doing some work around the forums yesterday, we saw some weird things that we wanted to do a some serious db maintenance on before they caused real issues.

Unfortunately, that meant putting the board into "closed" mode over night as it rebuilt the more than half a million posts.

I'll be moving a bunch of things around today -- so don't flood me with questions yet, but we're back up for now.

Thanks!

Neil
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Well, that was fun... NOT! - 05/16/10 10:08 AM

I wasn't panicking, really I wasn't. Actually, I figured you were working and, since I was really tired, I simply went to sleep. laugh
Posted by: carp

Re: Well, that was fun... NOT! - 05/16/10 10:25 AM

Yep that was a very long time .

and

Unlike the others , at HST time it is sorta prime time for me . Anyway I know the maintenance needs to be done no matter how long it takes and thats just the way it is .

Thanks again for a home away from home , Neil
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Well, that was fun... NOT! - 05/16/10 10:29 AM

Originally Posted By: MacBozo
Actually, I figured you were working and, since I was really tired, I simply went to sleep. laugh
That was cruel. smirk
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Well, that was fun... NOT! - 05/16/10 10:33 AM

It was after 9 PM for me and nearing 17 hours of constant activity. Having the closed notice is much less stressful than server not found messages. I didn't want little square indentations on my forehead, anyway. wink

Re: Well, that was fun... NOT! - 05/16/10 11:28 AM

I didn't want little square indentations on my forehead, anyway. wink

Not THAT is funny.
Posted by: Antonio

Re: Well, that was fun... NOT! - 05/17/10 09:49 AM

I like that there's a new area for discussions on articles in the mag and on the site. Coincidentally, I was just about to ask why they weren't there to begin with. Or maybe they were, and I was being oblivious (as I tell the ladies, "I'm a guy, oblivious sometimes happens").

Re: Well, that was fun... NOT! - 05/17/10 10:03 AM

Actually -- the issue was that we weren't ready to support it yet with editorial staff monitoring it. Now we are.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Well, that was fun... NOT! - 05/17/10 05:15 PM

I didn't want little square indentations on my forehead, anyway. wink
Yeah, that was good. grin