Adds and stuff obscuring posts ...

Posted by: six_of_one

Adds and stuff obscuring posts ... - 05/02/10 02:39 AM

That I've seen, this appears to only be happening in the Soapbox =)
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Adds and stuff obscuring posts ... - 05/02/10 04:58 AM

That also happens in the Reply window if there is a big image, or long url in the post.

For example click on Reply for this post, big image.

In your example I see it also happens if one is viewing a long thread in fossil threaded mode. grin

Thx.
Posted by: Lea

Re: Adds and stuff obscuring posts ... - 05/02/10 07:46 AM

Wait till somebody starts a word association thread. Trying to follow one of those suckers in Threaded? I had to horizontal scroll my screen into the next county. laugh

OK, wait a minute. I just hit Preview, and the Preview window runs underneath the Camtasia apple wearing the thong ad.

Looks like you're on to something, six.

Whoa! So I just scrolled down and see a piece of the Soapbox! Weirder! The upper right of the shot looks like I'm Six, reading one of lan's posts from a week ago. This deserves a screen shot. Hang on ~

xxxxxx

Posted by: John Rougeux

Re: Adds and stuff obscuring posts ... - 05/02/10 10:25 AM

Yeah, I saw it awhile ago in a private message window. And recently in a thread in OSX section.

Not sure why it's happening now since it never happened before.

Re: Adds and stuff obscuring posts ... - 05/02/10 11:41 AM

Originally Posted By: John Rougeux
Yeah, I saw it awhile ago in a private message window. And recently in a thread in OSX section.

Not sure why it's happening now since it never happened before.
It's been going on for about a month or so, huh? You first brought it to our attention April 2.

Re: Adds and stuff obscuring posts ... - 05/02/10 12:27 PM

In the case of the Soapbox thread, the length of the thread in threaded mode seems to be pushing the right margin of the display box into and underneath the ads. Usually the display box's right side ends around the end of the word "User" in the main navigation menu above it. In this case, the right edge ends around the end of the word "Contact" ...

And here I thought everything in the new layout was of a fixed width =)
Posted by: John Rougeux

Re: Adds and stuff obscuring posts ... - 05/02/10 05:58 PM

Yeah, here's mine that I took a screen shot of in Winblows at work.

Click for full size
Posted by: carp

Re: Adds and stuff obscuring posts ... - 05/02/10 06:13 PM

Yep
heres mine for the first time - somethings Wonky ?

Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Adds and stuff obscuring posts ... - 05/03/10 08:33 AM

I've only seen this once. I reloaded the page and it corrected itself.
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Adds and stuff obscuring posts ... - 05/03/10 03:33 PM

Unfortunately, these are just some of the issues we have to put up with in order to keep the original forums intact. They are in UBB app/database. Drupal has its own forum module, which Neil could have used, but it would have meant starting the forums over from scratch; users, posts and all.
Posted by: SgtBaxter

Re: Adds and stuff obscuring posts ... - 05/04/10 09:29 PM

I've never had this issue in Chrome on windows. In safari however, it's rampant.
Posted by: katlpablo

Re: Adds and stuff obscuring posts ... - 05/08/10 05:31 AM

I usually get something like that in Firefox, in Threaded Mode, when i zoom in on the text [command +]. It corrects itself when you zoom out [command -] smile

I imagine the same happens in Flat Kid's-Cartoon Mode! laugh

It's the first time i've seen and experienced this Reply-window-with-big-image thing.

It must mean that the "In response to:" box doesn't automatically limit the width size of the image like in the posts themselves ???no??
cry
Posted by: neil

Re: Adds and stuff obscuring posts ... - 05/28/10 07:28 AM

BTW: We've determined there's no easy way to fix this. It has to do with the text just being too wide in the post area.
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Adds and stuff obscuring posts ... - 06/10/10 02:06 PM

iPhone screenie from today...

Kind of kills it on an iPhone.

Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Adds and stuff obscuring posts ... - 06/10/10 02:32 PM

Kills it on a 19" display, too.
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Adds and stuff obscuring posts ... - 06/10/10 05:26 PM

I was saying that since Katpablo had the answer of zooming in and out to fix the problem. How do I do enlarge text on an iPhone? By swiping.. which isn't the same thing and doesn't fix it.
Of course he was saying that fixed it for another browser.... but still, I wanted to try.
Posted by: carp

Re: Adds and stuff obscuring posts ... - 06/10/10 09:00 PM

Got that today too

Re: Adds and stuff obscuring posts ... - 07/09/10 03:25 PM

it's still happening. To me at least in threaded view =)

http://forums.applecentral.com/ubbthreads.php/posts/528967#Post528967

I know this has been brought up again since this thread was started but I can't seem to find the relevant posts, so this report goes here =D

Re: Adds and stuff obscuring posts ... - 07/09/10 07:57 PM

Originally Posted By: six_of_one
it's still happening. To me at least in threaded view =)

http://forums.applecentral.com/ubbthreads.php/posts/528967#Post528967

I know this has been brought up again since this thread was started but I can't seem to find the relevant posts, so this report goes here =D

Well, a thread about ads and stuff obscuring posts would be the best place for a post about ads and stuff obscuring posts. See, you are trainable #6. :-P

Re: Adds and stuff obscuring posts ... - 07/26/10 09:10 AM

Update: still happening =)

Here's another screenshot if it helps:

Looks like rather than the ads moving to the left, the messages part appears to be growing to the right to accommodate additional posts and stuff. Which is to say the framework with the ads appears to be a static width while the content frame appears to grow dynamically =)