Whoa!

Posted by: starmillway

Whoa! - 12/22/09 05:26 PM

I went to this thread and chose "all" not page 1 2 or 3.

Thought I'd show you what happened. Could be my Firefox browser with a problem. Will now try the same thing again after dumping cache and restarting browser.

Something appears to be amiss with the forum. That thread couldn't have 19 pages could it? Hmmmmmm Then again maybe it does smile

<-- click

Posted by: carp

Re: Whoa! - 12/22/09 05:35 PM

I never got that here

I did get that on some web sites - and there was a discussion about it even in this forum .

Anyway
I just restarted the iMac , seems to me the Ram was maxed out after months of always being on ??

Just my Opinion
Posted by: neil

Re: Whoa! - 12/22/09 05:49 PM

Given there are 184 replies, I would guess that 19 pages is real.

Re: Whoa! - 12/22/09 06:02 PM

Originally Posted By: neilticktin

Neil

When I first seen Kates post there was (superimposed) Text over Kates embed pict <-- that was what I was responding too . After I clicked submit then the superimposed texted disappeared and I am now left with the 19 page do-hicky ?

Anyway = whacky ?

Re: Whoa! - 12/22/09 06:05 PM

Originally Posted By: carp
Originally Posted By: neilticktin

Neil

When I first seen Kates post there was (superimposed) Text over Kates embed pict <-- that was what I was responding too . After I clicked submit then the superimposed texted disappeared and I am now left with the 19 page do-hicky ?

Anyway = whacky ?

Right, Carp. I responded to my thread in a different post with what is there now. here is the picture I posted first. Neil it is still doing this when I choose view "all" pages. Then if I go to top of page it is screwed up also.

<-- click

Re: Whoa! - 12/22/09 06:10 PM

I emptied cache, logged out, logged in and went back to 19 page soap thread, chose view "all". Below is what the top of the page looks like after I go to bottom of "all" and then go to top of "all"

<--click

If no one else is experiencing this, obviously it is my browser, Mac, or connection or I've slipped my trolley smile

Re: Whoa! - 12/22/09 06:14 PM

yeah -- net yuckiness.

Re: Whoa! - 12/22/09 06:51 PM

I just couldn't get into the forums for about 10 minutes, 6:40 PST to 6:50 PST more or less.

Thought I was being punished wink

Re: Whoa! - 12/22/09 06:54 PM

Nope. That was us messing with something.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Whoa! - 12/22/09 08:25 PM

It looks like you have your preferences set to 10 posts per page, because others have multiple pages too.

But why the gibberish I don't know, I think it's probably specific to your situation/machine, but I have ideas, we can continue them in another thread if you can't figure it out. If Safari doesn't do it FF needs a house cleaning.

Why do you want to wade into that thread anyway? laugh

Re: Whoa! - 12/22/09 10:17 PM

Actually, I load all the pages in tabs and delete them without reading them except for a couple here posts here and there for chuckles. That's how I got into there. smile

I have total topics/posts per page set at 80! Now with the same settings that thread has 3 pages. Definitely got a hiccup or bubble in the chute here at Firefox.

Re: Whoa! - 12/23/09 10:59 AM

I think it might be the web site , someone else posted similar problem from a news site and not all of us could duplicate it on our machines .