MacMod may harm your computer?

Posted by: whitlock

MacMod may harm your computer? - 11/15/08 01:19 PM

I keep getting nags from Safari & Chrome (PC @ work) that tells me MacMod may harm my computer. Anyone else getting those too?

I took a screenshot showing the issue & attached it.
Posted by: TonimusMaximus

Re: MacMod may harm your computer? - 11/15/08 11:19 PM

I haven't seen that on my end yet. Just because, I downloaded the newest Google bar for Firefox which is supposed to have more of the "Safe Browsing" stuff in it, and MacMod still shows up fine.

Re: MacMod may harm your computer? - 11/16/08 06:49 AM

Yeah, I have no issues w/ using FireFox. It's those "other" browsers. I'm guessing it was Google that flagged the site and Safari also uses Google's security database.
Posted by: TonimusMaximus

Re: MacMod may harm your computer? - 11/16/08 02:13 PM

The newest Google bar will tell you if the site has been flagged by Google, but I get no indication of that.

Re: MacMod may harm your computer? - 11/16/08 05:30 PM

Well regardless of whatever Google bar tells you, it still flags as being a bad site (see the screenshot) in Safari on Mac & Chrome on Windows. That is a big problem. Something is up and that needs to get corrected.
Posted by: 987687

Re: MacMod may harm your computer? - 11/17/08 06:05 AM

When I saw the title I thought someone messed up their computer doing a mod...
Flagged as a bad site... I know someone running a forum that got a lot of spam, and it got flagged. The best thing to do is delete the spam... It was very very hard to get off the bad site list though, it took lots of emails. Once you are on the list, your on many lists. It almost turned into a legal battle getting off the lists.
Good luck MacMod!!