Forums Updated

Posted by: oojacoboo

Forums Updated - 11/12/07 03:54 PM

We have migrated to phpBB3 for continued support with our current site infrastructure. We realize that some things might be kinda out of wack. Please bare with us as we get these kinks worked out.

If you happen to find any issues with the forums or the site, please let us know about them here. Thanks!
Posted by: krusher117

Re: Forums Updated - 11/19/07 09:45 PM

there's no quick reply anymore

Re: Forums Updated - 11/19/07 09:56 PM

ok now its there
Posted by: maestro

Re: Forums Updated - 11/20/07 05:22 PM

I like the looks of the forum. Nice job guys. wink
Posted by: zenstate

Re: Forums Updated - 11/20/07 07:27 PM

I really like the new look of the forums Jacob! Well done!

Re: Forums Updated - 11/21/07 12:11 AM

great, glad you guys like! Getting everything synced up between phpBB and Joomla was quite a job, esp with the login forums. Anyway, I know there are still a couple things that are buggy, but if you guys notice something, please be sure to point it out.

I am already aware of the following...

- IE display issues with the template
- MacMod forum needs cleaning up and styling a little better
- Smilies need to be updated/corrected
- Some images didn't make it over from the old forum (might not have a fix for this. That basically requires manual correction...)
- registration form needs styling

THANKS GUYS!
Posted by: zenstate

Re: Forums Updated - 11/21/07 12:31 AM

Using Camino here and everything is working perfectly.
Posted by: Protocol6v

Re: Forums Updated - 11/21/07 07:23 PM

Not sure I like the pink in the forums to much. Also, some pages are coming up with weird bottoms sometimes with safari 3.

Re: Forums Updated - 11/21/07 07:27 PM

Also, login is kinda funky for me, like when clicking one of the recent topics on the home page, it won't stay logged in when I go to post I have to login again.
Posted by: anil8tor

Re: Forums Updated - 11/21/07 08:02 PM

Pink? I see burgundy, or possibly purple... on my iBook and Firefox

Re: Forums Updated - 11/21/07 08:05 PM

Pinkish...

Re: Forums Updated - 11/21/07 09:56 PM

yea, I know what you mean about the pinkish color. Its just a diluted and toned down shade of the maroon used in the logo.

As for the login, is anyone else experiencing this issue? I haven't been able to duplicate. Try clearing out all your macmod cookies and see if you are still experiencing the login issues. As for the funny bottom... There really isn't a solid solution for using div layouts, its one of the pitfalls for writing code properly. There are of course some nasty hacks that I will look into applying. That was just at the bottom of the list at the moment, since that only appears on very short pages.

Thanks for pointing out these issues. Please let me know if you notice any others. Thanks!
Posted by: JediJoker7169

Re: Forums Updated - 11/24/07 11:38 PM

The 6KB limit on avatar filesize is moronic. I can't even find an avatar that's less than 8KB in size, and all the good ones are bigger. Can it be upped?

Re: Forums Updated - 11/26/07 02:59 PM

Quote:
The 6KB limit on avatar filesize is moronic. I can't even find an avatar that's less than 8KB in size, and all the good ones are bigger. Can it be upped?

yea, thats dum-B, I will fix that now, thanks!
Posted by: maestro

Forums issues - 12/05/07 06:00 PM

For some reason, the forums forgets me each post. Whether I am posting the first time at the site for the day or the 3rd time, I always need to re-log in.

Re: Forums Updated - 12/05/07 06:33 PM

maestro, that is really strange. I don't have that issue. Have you tried clearing out your cookies for macmod?

Is anyone else experiencing this same issue?
Posted by: GuitarMknDude

Re: Forums Updated - 12/06/07 11:57 PM

One thing I have noticed it is kind of difficult to get to my PM box now as it is not just right there in that pull tab any more.

Re: Forums Updated - 12/08/07 03:11 PM

GuitarMknDude, yea, I killed that... We are going to implement a new PM system and such into the profiles. Coming soon...
Posted by: flippy10

Re: Forums Updated - 12/23/08 05:22 AM

New site is looking great guys. I can't wait to see it get to production. laugh
Posted by: Ghil

Re: Forums Updated - 01/01/09 09:03 AM

in Omniweb, the layout is screwed and shows at the bottom of the site layout :p

Re: Forums Updated - 01/01/09 09:32 AM

we haven't bug tested in several browsers including omni and ie

Re: Forums Updated - 01/01/09 09:57 AM

okay well I'll take Safari to come while you do wink thanks for the site and updates, it's great smile

Re: Forums Updated - 01/01/09 10:16 AM

Even in safari, it does it
http://www.lullabyrpg.net/images/macmod.png

Re: Forums Updated - 01/01/09 07:17 PM

Yes, it appears similarly in my Safari. So something's wonky about the layout. I will try it in my other browsers as well.

Re: Forums Updated - 01/01/09 08:07 PM

No problems in Camino, Firefox, Netscape, or Flock, but problems in Safari (as I said), Stainless, Fluid, and Opera. So it must be a problem related to WebKit and Opera.

Re: Forums Updated - 01/01/09 09:03 PM

@ Ghil and Jedi - Thanks for pointing that out, I will take a look into it and should have it fixed soon. Please keep in mind that for the future, its better if you can submit these bugs with the form on that site. I got a nice long list, its hard to keep things straight. Cheers and Happy New Year everyone!