Forum Additions

Posted by: oojacoboo

Forum Additions - 01/05/05 05:11 AM

ok, a number of modifications have been made to the macmod forum. What do you think of them? There are new icons for the actions such as, reply, new post, edit, etc.

Also, new emoticons have been added...

wink smile laugh :huh: :ohmy: :x mad :blink: :P frown :unsure: :lol: :dry:

And finally, on the main forum pages, the categories have a new icon at the end for viewing the last active topic.

Post edited by: oojacoboo, at: 2005/01/05 13:20
Posted by: modyourmac

Re:Forum Additions - 01/05/05 05:18 AM

Not sure how I feel about the new smileys. I actually had to look at them for a second to figure out what each one was. They're nifty animated though. Besides, who knew that the proliferation of internet communication would involve groupings of punctuation marks in order to convey the emotional intent of a statement. Hell, ten years ago, it would seem downright alien. Of course, ten years ago, I was using System 7.5 on my Performa 630, and was saving up for a ZIPdrive in order to store all my graphic design work for college.

But, back on topic, I dunno, I guess the new smileys are okay. Your website though. So, your call smile
Posted by: whitlock

Re:Forum Additions - 01/05/05 01:06 PM

smile < - I still think that is wrong
Posted by: maestro

Re:Forum Additions - 01/05/05 02:48 PM

Change is good.
-Maestro
Posted by: anil8tor

Forum Additions - 02/01/06 05:34 PM

Carma? where is my Carma? I seem to have lost it somewhere. With out carma we're doomed man! Who will we know not to trust? How am I ever going to make up for all those bad things I did? Its total anarchy! Dogs and Cats living together, intel processors in Macs! where will it end?

Forum Additions - 02/01/06 07:36 PM

lol, no need to worry, there is a new reputation system now.
Posted by: skakillers

Forum Additions - 02/02/06 01:36 PM

do only admins have avatars now?

Forum Additions - 02/02/06 01:41 PM

no, you can edit your profile from the forum and add one. However, the profile and avatar system will receive an update soon as we prepare the site for 2.0

Forum Additions - 02/02/06 01:59 PM

well i asked because i had an avatar before but it went away. guess i just need to reset it.
Posted by: TCPMeta

Forum Additions - 02/02/06 02:21 PM

vBulletin is kinda freaky. I would of gone with another BBS like phpBB.

Forum Additions - 02/02/06 02:28 PM

okay...i may be an idiot but i am having avatar issues here. i uploaded an image through the control panel thing in the forum but i cant figure out how to set it as my avatar. hm. help please?

Forum Additions - 02/02/06 02:33 PM

Ok, two of using the same avatar, I am so confused!

Forum Additions - 02/02/06 03:43 PM

If I could figure that out I wouldn't have this &^&*#$ dremel tool!

Forum Additions - 02/02/06 05:06 PM

ok, many apologies. Apparently the feature wasn't enabled. I have set it up properly now, everyone should be able to add their own. Please let me know if you can't.

Forum Additions - 02/02/06 05:38 PM

Originally Posted By: "anil8tor"
Carma? where is my Carma? I seem to have lost it somewhere. With out carma we're doomed man! Who will we know not to trust? How am I ever going to make up for all those bad things I did? Its total anarchy! Dogs and Cats living together, intel processors in Macs! where will it end?

To answer your question, employers sending out their W2's on the first of January.

Alright man, don't worry about your Karma. There is a similar system as Karma, though I don't believe the migration carried it over properly. The worst thing to happen is you keep getting negative feedback :p Anyways, have faith in the system and Karma will pay off!

I am me again! - 02/02/06 06:46 PM

Ahhhh Jacob, you the man! I have my avatar back! I feel like my old self again!
Posted by: TCPMeta

Forum Additions - 02/02/06 07:29 PM

I found a new avatar for my style.
Posted by: soundmann18

Forum Additions - 02/02/06 09:20 PM

is it possible to get the newest topics back up on the right side bar on the main page? that woould be awesome, otherwise i like it a lot.

Forum Additions - 02/02/06 11:30 PM

Originally Posted By: "soundmann18"
is it possible to get the newest topics back up on the right side bar on the main page? that woould be awesome, otherwise i like it a lot.

It is possible, though it's going to take a little time before it comes back.

Forum Additions - 02/03/06 06:58 AM

ok cool, i'll be patiently waiting.
Posted by: shadowboxer47

Change is teh h@rd - 02/03/06 09:33 AM

Change isn't always easy, but I think I can get used to all of this... even with the crazy emoticons
Posted by: longbow

Forum Additions - 02/03/06 01:33 PM

I personally am a fan of the new look and feel. I wish I had something more interesting to say, but I do not.
Posted by: soward

recent posts? - 02/09/06 05:51 AM

The main thing I'm missing is the 'recent activity' box on the main page. Having to look through all the categories on the bulletin page takes a lot more time to see what's going on....
Posted by: shadowboxer47

Forum Additions - 02/09/06 02:59 PM

Originally Posted By: "soward"
The main thing I'm missing is the 'recent activity' box on the main page. Having to look through all the categories on the bulletin page takes a lot more time to see what's going on....

I agree with that
Posted by: Waragainstsleep

Forum Additions - 02/09/06 03:22 PM

I miss that too.

When I log in at hoe now, I have a "New Posts" button at the top of a forum page in the middle.

At work, I get "Today's Posts" instead. Is that weird?

Forum Additions - 02/09/06 03:43 PM

are you logged into ths forum when this is happening?
Posted by: longbow

Forum Additions - 02/09/06 05:44 PM

The same thing happens to me, at home it's new posts, at work it is today's posts even though I am logged in at both locations. For what it's worth my work computer is a PC... yuck.

Forum Additions - 02/09/06 06:31 PM

ok, it works like this.

Guests see the link "Today's Posts" not "New Posts"
"Today's Posts" shows the post over the last 24 hours.
"New Posts" shows all the posts since your last visit. This is determined a number of ways. It is determined by either a timeout from inactivity on the forums or your manual logging out of the forums. At that point, it resets the "New Post" count.

If you are logged in as a member you can go to the "Quick Links" dropdown at the top and view "Today's Posts" from there which will show the last 24 hours.

You can also go to "Search" then "Advanced Search" and search by dates to show all the threads within a specified time period.

I hope this helps. We are working on a large number of other integrations with the forum that will make it easier on you. But this should be a start.
Posted by: StillbornChrist

Last 10 posts - 02/11/06 06:17 AM

.... :-/ my avatar isn't showing up (fabulous thing that is it!).

I can see it in my profile, but not next to my posts.

Forum Additions - 02/11/06 08:54 AM

there are avatars and profile images. You should be sure to upload an avatar for the forums.
Posted by: TutAnGeek

Forum Additions - 02/12/06 06:41 PM

Originally Posted By: "soward"

Try looking again now smile

Forum Additions - 02/13/06 06:59 AM

awesome! you all rock my world
Posted by: StillbornChrist

Forum Additions - 02/13/06 07:38 AM

Originally Posted By: "oojacoboo"
there are avatars and profile images. You should be sure to upload an avatar for the forums.

Took a bit of digging around but got it in the end. Cheers!

Forum Additions - 02/13/06 12:31 PM

I gotta say I love the new forum. It just looks so much better. Now that the newest posts are on the main page it has become all I ever wanted it to be.

Kudos to the man behind the peeled apple.

Forum Additions - 02/13/06 01:31 PM

thank tutangeek as well. He has been a big help with alot of the php work.

Forum Additions - 02/20/06 06:41 PM

Oh forum, how I missed you. I lay, shivering, sweaty, with saliva running from my lower lip and the taste of tears in my mouth all weekend. I love you MacMod forum, I really do. You are like a dream after a night of cultivating barley....I dont care how you look, as long as you are there.

Sob, sob.

Sincerely,
"the" maestro