New Forum Icons.

Posted by: oojacoboo

New Forum Icons. - 07/31/04 10:09 AM

Let me know, what do you think about the new forum icons. I am still planning on getting new icons for the forum homepage. So, I am not talking about those.
Posted by: KnifeLord

Re:New Forum Icons. - 07/31/04 06:06 PM

I like the new icons, they match the MacMod icons. (the ones at the top...) And are defently worth while on the homepage!

-Knife
Posted by: whitlock

Re:New Forum Icons. - 08/01/04 12:53 AM

yes, it is a big improvement. also saw you changed the style sheet to reflect green karma levels, which is a plus.
Posted by: JavaDog

Re:New Forum Icons. - 08/02/04 10:11 PM

Now, if only we could get some nice Aqua-Inspired (Green or Blue) smilies.... :P

Re:New Forum Icons. - 08/02/04 11:46 PM

some more aqua looking emoticons and triangles pointing to the mod additions and mod squad top 5 would certainly add an aqua-esque look. but too much aqua can increase the size of the images. then again, animated smilies don't eat bandwidth. and whats the deal with no search button on the top? i've used the enter key, but where is the button.

Re:New Forum Icons. - 08/03/04 02:12 AM

who clicks a search button? I will look into putting one though.

Re:New Forum Icons. - 08/03/04 02:06 PM

Lol, yes we NEED aqua smilys, Mod top five.

-Knife

Re:New Forum Icons. - 08/03/04 02:35 PM

Do you like the ones in the comments section of the homepage for the news items? I will look into this. I was actually thinking about it not too long ago. Just trying to decide which ones to use. Let me know what you think about the other ones. :unsure:

Re:New Forum Icons. - 08/03/04 03:09 PM

oojacoboo wrote:
Quote:
Do you like the ones in the comments section of the homepage for the news items? I will look into this. I was actually thinking about it not too long ago. Just trying to decide which ones to use. Let me know what you think about the other ones. :unsure:

Actually, yeah. The ones in the comments are so much better than the forum ones. Just copying those over to the forums would be ideal. Plus, it keeps everything consistent.

Re:New Forum Icons. - 08/03/04 06:22 PM

Consistentsy is the hob goblen of little minds. Idk, i kind of like the ones in the forms...

-Knife

Re:New Forum Icons. - 08/03/04 06:27 PM

KnifeLord wrote:
Quote:
Consistentsy is the hob goblen of little minds.
-Knife

While that may be true, it is a cornerstone of good web design.

Post edited by: JavaDog, at: 2004/08/03 18:28

Re:New Forum Icons. - 08/03/04 06:36 PM

Idk, i usually trust shakespeare, why be consistent, when you can make things just as good w/o being consistent...

-Knife

(ps, ik that has nothing to do with the context i put it in, it just sounds right... maybe ill post a mod guide- "How to put shakespeare in your everyday life."

-Knife

*EMERSON,*EMERSON

Post edited by: KnifeLord, at: 2004/08/03 19:06

Re:New Forum Icons. - 08/03/04 06:54 PM

well, let's see where mr. ralph waldo emerson came in here, and take a step back...

Re:New Forum Icons. - 08/03/04 07:02 PM

yeah useing the right name might be a little better LMAO ok so i havent thought about that quote, i just kinda said it... frown frown frown
:dry: :huh:

-Knife

Re:New Forum Icons. - 08/03/04 07:05 PM

Give thy thoughts no toung, nor any unporportuned thought thy act,

ok i do know thats shakespeare, not emerson... lol

-Knife

Re:New Forum Icons. - 08/04/04 01:21 AM

I must say that I agree with JavaDog, consistancy is a cornerstone of good web design. This has been something on my list to do for quite some time now and I will try my best. I think that I am going to design all new to macmod emoticons. If anyone cares to help let me know.

Cheers.

Re:New Forum Icons. - 08/04/04 02:00 AM

i concur. consistancy is a must with web design.

for disbelievers, go to web sites that suck, and experience the pain
Posted by: Anonymous

Re:New Forum Icons. - 08/04/04 07:16 PM

The new icons look cool, but could stand to use a little more contrast. White text on light gray background is a little difficult to read.

Re:New Forum Icons. - 08/05/04 04:26 AM

fair enough magnus, I may try black text and see how that looks. Although, I think the white looks good. wink
Posted by: Anonymous

Re:New Forum Icons. - 08/05/04 05:07 AM

How about either a slightly darker gray and/or a darker drop shadow behind the white text to make the white stand out a little more?

Re:New Forum Icons. - 08/05/04 05:32 AM

afraid that the drop shadow is not a possibility for these icons as I do not have the master files. A darker grey, would not match the rest of the site. It is the same color as the grey background. wink

Re:New Forum Icons. - 08/05/04 01:08 PM

erase the grey using the stamp tool/clone tool (depending on what program you are using) and then create a new layer w/ the text. drop the shadow on that. it should work after that point. i had to deal w/ a lot of issues on my site about not having the master files. in all seriousness, it should be lime green with header graphics in the 90kb range. that would not have been good. the footer was like 45kb. btw, i'm off topic. well, good luck working on those icoms.

and when are you going to change the red triangles to the right used as bullets