Weird bug

Posted by: John Rougeux

Weird bug - 03/15/09 06:11 PM

So I responded to a post after keeping it open all day. When it posted the message, it showed this:

Click for full size

Everything was unread. Yes, I'm logged in.

When I choose something to read, they are all like this:

Click for full size
Posted by: neil

Re: Weird bug - 03/16/09 12:34 PM

Yeah -- not sure what this is all about, but we've seen it before. I don't know what to do about it.

Neil

Posted by: Jim_

Re: Weird bug - 04/10/09 12:10 AM

Tonight I had quit Safari. After about a half hour or so I opened Safari again, came here, clicked on a post from the forum list, clicked on View Profile for wow gold who was spamming the place, I forgot I wasn't logged in after quitting Safari so I had to log in to view the profile. After I logged in all forums showed the same for me as yours did. Logging out and back in fixed it, it didn't show all forums unread anymore.

Just reporting, I know you don't know what's causing it Neil.
Posted by: neil

Re: Weird bug - 04/10/09 07:53 AM

Yeah, not sure I get what does this. Have seen stuff like this myself at times.

Thanks!

Neil

Re: Weird bug - 04/10/09 01:24 PM

Happened again. For me it seems to have something to do with clicking certain links but not being logged in at the moment. This time I clicked on a link to a post in an email from someone reporting a spam post, but I had quit Safari earlier, so when I clicked the link it took me to the log in page. Same as above, all posts showed unread, but after logging out and back in it was back to normal.

It has never happened to me until I was made to log in after clicking a link to a post.

Re: Weird bug - 06/04/09 06:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Reboot
Happened again. For me it seems to have something to do with clicking certain links but not being logged in at the moment. This time I clicked on a link to a post in an email from someone reporting a spam post, but I had quit Safari earlier, so when I clicked the link it took me to the log in page. Same as above after logging in, all posts showed unread, but after logging out and back in it was back to normal.

It has never happened to me until I was made to log in after clicking a link to a post.
I'm sticking with my story. It never happens to me unless I click a link and get the Log In window. If I'm not logged in and click on a link in the Main Forum window, or like today, twice, I found that going to my History and going to a link, but not being logged in does the same thing. It doesn't do it all the time, but quite regularly. It never happens otherwise, and I usually don't leave my browser open all day like John mentioned in the thread starter, I'm a compulsive quitter.

I wonder if it has something to do with logging in and out all day.

John, does this happen on Windows for you?
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Weird bug - 07/05/09 11:31 AM

Just got it here too. Logging out then back in resolved it.

Whew!