This moving threads is starting to get annoying

Posted by: MikeSellers

This moving threads is starting to get annoying - 01/09/09 10:00 AM

Pretty soon all we're going to be able to talk about here is pets and pie recipes.

Guess I have to switch Most Active Post view like poly suggested. *sigh*
Posted by: trey

Re: This moving threads is starting to get annoying - 01/09/09 10:04 AM

Agreed. If I say Microsoft in this post, will this thread be moved to the virtualization board? What if I say "Firefox?!?!" Star Office!
Posted by: Svend

Re: This moving threads is starting to get annoying - 01/09/09 10:07 AM

Just post pics of your pets and recipes, then say Microsoft laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: This moving threads is starting to get annoyin - 01/09/09 01:01 PM

No-Bake Cheesecake.

Ingredients
8 oz cream cheese (one package)
8 oz whipping cream (1 cup)
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice

Unless you are using the cheesecake as a topping, you will also need a pre-prepared crust, either a pre-baked pie crust or a graham cracker crust.

Method

1. Whip the cream until stiff. Set aside.

2. Whip the cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice until fluffy. Scrape the bowl often and really whip it up. Don't skip the lemon juice, even if you're pairing the cheesecake with another flavor. It's an essential ingredient. It doesn't make the cheesecake taste lemony, just gives it a depth of flavor that you need since there's no eggs or baking involved.

3. Add the whipped cream back in and whip until the whole thing is smooth, smooth, smooth. It might take a few minutes to get all the lumps out.

4. Spoon the cheesecake mixture into a pre-made crust (I recommend graham cracker) or onto another pie (like pumpkin), or just into bowls to eat like pudding.

5. Chill until firm.

The cheesecake will firm up and be slice able in a couple of hours, and you'll need to store the cheescake in the fridge until it's all gone. Which shouldn't be too long!

Enjoy! :-)
Posted by: MrB

Re: This moving threads is starting to get annoyin - 01/09/09 01:24 PM

is this recipe favored by Obama?

sounds good

dave

Posted by: MacBozo

Re: This moving threads is starting to get annoyin - 01/09/09 01:28 PM

Why are you posting Cheesecake recipes on a Mac/Apple board?
Shouldn't you be posting Apple pie recipes? laugh
Posted by: starmillway

Re: This moving threads is starting to get annoyin - 01/09/09 03:44 PM

I read your recipe which I suppose you typed and entered on a Macintosh Computer made by a supplier of Apple company.

Were any Intel components killed in the process of making that cheesecake?

Did you dispense slices of that delectable on a server made by IBM?

I certainly hope not.

Sometimes I think I could bake a cheesecake on the upper left hand corner of my 24 inch iMac monitor -- it gets really hot!

Posted by: polymerase

Re: This moving threads is starting to get annoyin - 01/09/09 05:30 PM

Originally Posted By: MikeSellers
Pretty soon all we're going to be able to talk about here is pets and pie recipes.
Guess I have to switch Most Active Post view like poly suggested. *sigh*

I was wrong. Trying to keep track of threads by using "active posts" sucks. Getting threads that are just conversational, hey how about that new SD card and all the memory getting moved to the ghetto of subfolder accessory/Mac/plugin/memory/cards sucks. It gets moved and the thread is dead. The thread had nothing to do with Mac accessories. It was more a view of where memory and computers are going in the future. It was perfect lounge material.

So was my thread about Pages. It was not a question or a problem about Pages. It was a general comment that I think Pages is neat. I used Pages all day today and I want to post about it. But do I post it in that thread that got moved into Apple/Mac/Program/Applications/whitebox/Pages ?
No, because no one will be there to read it.

Stop moving the goddamn threads. It serves no purpose.

Posted by: Jim_

Re: This moving threads is starting to get annoyin - 01/09/09 05:41 PM

Like I said in the other thread, the link in the marker is active, and the marker has been near the top of the lounge all day, no one else is interested in what you said I guess.

I think some of you are overreacting to change. I thought change was good.

Re: This moving threads is starting to get annoyin - 01/09/09 05:48 PM

The marker looks like I did something disgusting and you had to remove my post.

Change for no reason is dumb. Those threads were lounge posts. They were not specific to where they were moved. It makes no sense to have them there.

Could you move them back pretty please? This posting recipes is even more annoying.

Re: This moving threads is starting to get annoyin - 01/09/09 06:12 PM

Originally Posted By: polymerase
Those threads were lounge posts. They were not specific to where they were moved. It makes no sense to have them there.

Applications and Utilities

Talk about Apple and Third Party applications and utilities for the Mac.

But, because I love you so much, let's do a test, I will move them back for now, let's see if they revive.

Re: This moving threads is starting to get annoyin - 01/09/09 06:15 PM

Now do your damn trivia.
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: This moving threads is starting to get annoyin - 01/09/09 09:34 PM

It's January 9th, 2009.

Remember Thanksgiving 2008?

Remember Christmas 2008?

Remember New Years 2008/09?
The time for a change?
The time for a new age?
The time for redemption?

JANUARY 2009???

This is month we repent and resolute all our sins.

CHEESECAKE???

Stop, you're killin' me.

And on another note…

Can you believe the Deals and Special Offers this year?
I mean just look at Mac OS X and General Mac Topics available to us.
The Peripherals and Accessories.
The Games and Entertainment.
Who needs Windows and Virtualization when Apples Notebooks, Desktops, Xserve and Server Hardware can handle Programing, Web Dev and Scripting. as well as Online Services.
Things like iPhone Apps, AppStore and iTunes, iPhone/iPod Touch, iPod / Apple TV, are only icing on the cake.
If I ever posted to Site Feedback & Bug Reports, I would suggest they condense the forums to Apple World and Political Soapbox.

And of course Stan's lounge.

That's the only reason I'm here.

But I do have one question…

What if I wanted to make my own graham cracker crust, instead of using a store bought crust?

Do you have a recipe???

Posted by: yoyo52

Re: This moving threads is starting to get annoyin - 01/10/09 08:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Reboot
I thought change was good.

Hmmmmmm . . . should this go in the Soapbox, then?

Just adding fuel to the fire, ya know laugh
Posted by: MikeSellers

Re: This moving threads is starting to get annoyin - 01/10/09 08:43 AM

Now THIS thread gets moved. How ironical. grin
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: This moving threads is starting to get annoyin - 01/10/09 09:23 AM

LMAO... I couldn't resist. I was thinking of changing the subject to "The ever-moving thread, thread" - but then decided just moving it in here was enough.

That being said, I have no idea who's been moving threads where, or why - but I'm sure it's not being done simply to tick anyone off.

Re: This moving threads is starting to get annoyin - 01/10/09 10:00 AM

It was me, and to set the record straight I did it just to be a prick because I hate our community and friends. wink

Re: This moving threads is starting to get annoyin - 01/10/09 10:34 AM

It was me, and to set the record straight I did it just to be a prick because I hate our community and friends. wink

Such a liar. You said you loved me. I bet you want to date me. (Think Sandra Bullock in "Miss Congeniality.")

Time to change my avatar back to a dog. blush

Posted by: Mississauga

Re: This moving threads is starting to get annoyin - 01/10/09 11:17 AM

Re: This moving threads is starting to get annoyin - 01/10/09 01:08 PM

Think Sandra Bullock in "Miss Congeniality.
I'm thinking Sandra, but seeing you unfortunately, eww. Bad picture, bad picture, go away.
Posted by: neil

Re: This moving threads is starting to get annoyin - 01/11/09 10:33 AM

Ok guys ... I've not chimed in because ... well ... I had a bit going on with Macworld last week. You know -- that 4 day period where I don't get to sleep, have a few hundred face to face conversations, best of show awards to decide, and other little minor things. So, I hope it came to no one's surprise that all the editorial team, all the MacTech team overall, was a bit busy and not responsive here.

In short, the moderators are both learning what's best and doing what I asked. That means that sometimes we'll make mistakes, and then try to fix them -- other times, we're doing things for the long term good.

We've not been able to do a lot in the way of long term thinking on the forums for the past couple of months. And, it's not going to get time in the next couple of weeks either until stuff starts to settle back down. That said, I'm working on some ideas for bumping up traffic ... and that means that we need the better delineation.

We will, however, be tweaking stuff periodically -- as we just did this morning on the description for the Windows/Virtualization forum.

Keep the comments coming. We will always listen.

Re: This moving threads is starting to get annoyin - 01/11/09 11:05 AM

An idea of Reboot's which I can't tell with so many threads if we were online or offline I think is a perfect solution. Or at least fits the schema of the lounge better than pulling threads quickly to their presumed proper place.

His idea is to wait a week at least on threads started in the lounge which may better in the long run be placed in a specific directory. Say I start a thread about breaking news on an SD card which I really want to use as a springboard to a conversation about the future of mobile computing. Why not let it churn in the lounge for a week until everyone is sick and tired of it and then a moderator gives it a shove to computer accessories or some other subdirectory?

Some could obviously get moved right away without a tail feather ruffled. If instead I asked why my SD card no longer mounted to my MBP. You could move that right away or I would be smart enough to know where it is supposed to go in the first place. But to make it easier for the moderators (which is my only goal in life) why not have them do an en masse move every once in a while when the wife lets them stay up at night?

The downside is that we all become very lazy starting a thread and we always post everything in the lounge. But, despite rumors to the contrary, we are trainable. Most of us have broken the habit of throwing monkeypoo at each other. We used to be be really bad in here.
Posted by: neil

Re: This moving threads is starting to get annoyin - 01/11/09 11:31 AM

I need to watch stuff a bit more closely before I come to an opinion on this. But, I hear what you are saying.

Re: This moving threads is starting to get annoyin - 01/11/09 12:27 PM

Okay, so your one post I moved back has 40 replies so far, and the other 18, don't let it go to your head, your thoughts are usually not that interesting. laugh

Not sure about a week on posts, but until the interest wanes. I did move your posts that had died within 12 hours back to try and prove your point, which it did, but it did go against Neil's scheme for the place, and relates to the following that you mentioned;
Quote:
The downside is that we all become very lazy starting a thread and we always post everything in the lounge.
With the current membership it's not bad, but with more members, maybe so.
Quote:
But, despite rumors to the contrary, we are trainable. Most of us have broken the habit of throwing monkeypoo at each other. We used to be be really bad in here.
LOL. True, maybe the occasional dirty kleenex or something now is all, nothing that sticks anyway.

With the current activity level everything in one forum works, but it will be easier to train this small bunch of bananas than the whole plantation if it gets busy.

We also shouldn't forget that someone has taken over the expense of letting this very small group (maybe 50 active members?) still have a place to share our cookie recipes and movie reviews with each other, and I can't speak for Neil but I'm sure this all does fit into his business plan for MacTech and its future. So like he mentioned above, let's deal with it the way it's been going until he gets a chance to put plan B into action. We'll have to wait and see how the future plans turn out.

But whine away, we'll pass the suggestions along, he's listening. wink
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: This moving threads is starting to get annoyin - 01/11/09 01:24 PM

Are you really sure this bunch is trainable? whistle
Posted by: FSM

Re: This moving threads is starting to get annoyin - 01/11/09 03:50 PM

he lounge which may better in the long run be placed in a specific directory. Say I start a thread about breaking news on an SD card which I really want to use as a springboard to a conversation about the future of mobile computing. Why not let it churn in the lounge for a week until everyone is sick and tired of it and then a moderator gives it a shove to computer accessories or some other subdirectory?
fwiw, i love this idea.

Re: This moving threads is starting to get annoyin - 01/11/09 04:15 PM

Originally Posted By: FSM
i love this idea.
All ideas are considered. I know you usually only skim so read this whole thread and you'll get an idea of where things are headed, or not. It's all pretty much covered in here.

Re: This moving threads is starting to get annoyin - 01/11/09 04:24 PM

Originally Posted By: MacBozo
Are you really sure this bunch is trainable?
Who ever thought I was? crazy

I'm even giving Obama a chance. Oh hell, now this is going political again. What to do, what to do?

laugh

Re: This moving threads is starting to get annoyin - 01/12/09 04:49 AM

i love this idea.
All ideas are considered. I know you usually only skim so read this whole thread and you'll get an idea of where things are headed, or not. It's all pretty much covered in here.
oooh, you've got me pegged perfectly. wow! wink

i'll read the whole thing today.
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: This moving threads is starting to get annoyin - 01/12/09 06:36 AM

Quote:
What to do, what to do?

Eat cheesecake

Re: This moving threads is starting to get annoyin - 01/12/09 06:50 AM

i love this idea.
oooh, you've got me pegged perfectly. wow! wink

i'll read the whole thing today.

It's your MO Sean.

http://forums.mactech.com/ubbthreads.php/posts/363626

http://forums.mactech.com/ubbthreads.php/posts/354071

http://forums.mactech.com/ubbthreads.php/posts/322210

Re: This moving threads is starting to get annoyin - 01/12/09 06:55 AM

LOL.

You're trainable, you have an avatar now. wink

Re: This moving threads is starting to get annoyin - 01/12/09 08:59 AM

impressive. i will say, i have trouble reading the threads i do participate in as you so eloquently note, but without skimming my participation would drop off dramatically . . . and my career productivity would skyrocket. wink whistle