Who's Online

Posted by: KateSorensen

Who's Online - 12/01/08 11:38 AM

Registered Users
Guests
Spiders

When I look to see "Who's Online" there are the above 3 categories. Is there another categorie you've just not chosen to show, "Anonymous" ??

Or are the "Guests" actually "Registered Users" who have chosen in their control panels to not be visible in that list?

I would like to know that there are "Registered Users" who are invisible on line and how many.

Why?

Because!

Posted by: John Rougeux

Re: Who's Online - 12/01/08 12:18 PM

This shows more information than the old Macminute forums. And actually, the selection in your preferences is to hide from the online.

Just like now...I selected to hide myself from Who's Online. I don't show up anywhere if you select Who's Online.

I highly doubt that Neil will change that (if it's possible) just "because" you want to know how many are online and invisible. Perhaps it's one of the perks of the software? wink
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: Who's Online - 12/01/08 12:40 PM

Thanks for responding.
Posted by: John Rougeux

Re: Who's Online - 12/01/08 12:47 PM

Sorry if I came off harsh, I didn't mean to.
Posted by: carp

Re: Who's Online - 12/01/08 12:48 PM

Whats spiders ?
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Who's Online - 12/01/08 12:55 PM

Search bots
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Who's Online - 12/01/08 12:59 PM

Registered Users are those who allow themselves to be visible.
Guests are unregistered users.
Posted by: neil

Re: Who's Online - 12/01/08 01:01 PM

Spiders are search engines.

As for the rest, it's built into the software, and not something I want to change.

And, I believe that registered users are completely invisible -- not listed as anonymous, but I don't know that for sure.

Thanks!

Neil

Posted by: katlpablo

Re: Who's Online - 12/03/08 02:13 AM

Originally Posted By: KateSorensen

I would like to know that there are "Registered Users" who are invisible on line and how many.

As I understand it, to know [on the "Who's Online" page] how many hidden active registered users there are at a given moment, you must manually or visually count in the Table
"# Registered User(s)."
the number of (visible active) registered users listed in the "Display Name" column, and subtract it from the quantity #[number(total active)] indicated in the table's headline name.

hidden active registered users =
# (total active) indicated in the table's headline (minus)
# (visible active) listed in "Display Name" column

sleep
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Who's Online - 12/03/08 09:29 AM

I see, even though the Delete option is there it can't be used. We'll let Neil know. Thanks.

Edit - It's going to be left as is, you can't delete your own posts, just request one of us to it.