Hard to read text on site

Posted by: Anonymous

Hard to read text on site - 05/24/01 07:40 PM

The site is looking good and much easier to navigate than MacNN since their merge with some company whose intention it is to make it impossible to decipher, much less find, information.<br><br>I am having one problem with your site. On some pages, the text is so small that I can't read it. I am using NetScape 4.77 which may be the problem. Your site is acting like it was built for IE... something that galls a bit.<br><br>I like navigator because it is much faster moving about the net, dragging files directly to a folder for example, and it tightly integrates mail and news. I have tried IE and it seems much cludgier and slower. Unfortunately Netscape seems to be behind the times in terms of language comatibility (ie, IE will render some pages that Netscape will not).<br><br>Anyway... please see if you can make your site a little more useable for Netscape users if it is possible.<br><br>Thanks.<br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Hard to read text on site - 05/24/01 07:43 PM

this site looks/feels/reads great on Omniweb. I haven't used Netscape in a long time. Have you tried iCab? Perhaps it looks better there and it's not M$<br><br>I just realized..since it's so small to you..can you not just make the text bigger? Go to Edit or Browser or something?<br>

Re: Hard to read text on site - 05/24/01 07:54 PM

The site looks great in iCab. I use iCab as my browser and Netscape 4.77 for mail only and only use Netscape browser for some secure sites that iCab is not finished enough to connect. Give iCab or Omniweb a shot, it might well be worth it !<br><br>[color:red]RedWind</font color=red>
Posted by: StanFlack

Re: Hard to read text on site - 05/25/01 12:00 AM

Thanks for letting us know Michael. The site looks fine in Netscape to me -- not sure why it looks so small for you. What's weird is that the text for the news isn't formatted at all -- just plain text, so it should be standard size for any browser. I will do some digging and see if I can find out what is going on.<br><br>Thanks again for letting us know!<br><br>

Re: Hard to read text on site - 05/25/01 12:22 AM

Hello again Michael. I have tried all of the pages in Netscape and the Café fonts are definitely too small by default. The forum software uses style sheets and the default one looks hideous in Netscape. This however can be changed at your end - just go to the Control Panel in the Café and change your settings.<br><br>And now that I say that, I notice that you are unregistered. There must have been a bug in this particular board, because you aren't supposed to be able to post as a guest. I will check into that, but I just wanted to let you know in case you can't reply to this message the next time you come in and wonder why. If you'd rather not register, please feel free to email at any time.<br><br>Warm regards,<br><br>Stan<br><br>

Re: Hard to read text on site - 05/29/01 01:22 AM

Any status on this issue? Some text is simply unreadable on Netscape - like the text for member status, etc.<br><br>I can post pics if you don't have the same prob...<br><br>Cipher13<br><br>

Netscape Small Font Solution - 05/29/01 02:25 AM

Hi Cipher13. All you have to do is go into the Control Panel page (link is in the header menu), click on display settings and change the style sheet to a large font setting. The default setting is "Desert," but there is a "Desert Large Fonts" setting as well. I just tried it and it works fine.<br><br>Give it a go and let me know.<br><br>Thanks!<br><br>Stan<br><br>

Re: Netscape Small Font Solution - 05/30/01 12:29 AM

There we go, much better, thankyou :)<br><br>Cipher13<br><br>
Posted by: NeilMac

Re: Netscape Small Font Solution - 05/30/01 01:35 PM

Just changed the setting and it looks great in Large Font Blue. Keep up the good work; it is appreciated. Works fine in the latest beta of Opera, by the way.<br><br>