Who changed the link

Posted by: yoyo52

Who changed the link - 11/16/08 05:31 PM

What happened to the link at the foot of the posts that used to take you to the forum index and now takes you to the magazine front page?? You won't believe how many times I've gone to the mag when I wanted to go to the forum index confused
Posted by: neil

Re: Who changed the link - 11/16/08 05:34 PM

Too funny.

I was updating it so that the TOP link made more sense ... where it says "MacTech Magazine >> Forums >> ..." as before it had forums twice in a row.

I think that the way it is now is the lesser of two evils. Then again, what I do to go to the forums is simply cmd-1 in Safari as it is the first item in my Bookmarks Bar. Would that work for you?

Thanks!

Neil

Re: Who changed the link - 11/16/08 05:43 PM

Heh . . . I have the all my forums in a folder, and then a bunch of other folders for general Mac sites, then for shopping, then for my school, then for news. The first plain link is for the BBC, so that's what I get when I hit command-1 smile

Not to worry. I'll get used to it. I'm very conservative and hate all change.

Posted by: Jim_

Re: Who changed the link - 11/16/08 06:03 PM

Typical trouble maker.

laugh

Re: Who changed the link - 11/16/08 06:06 PM

Thanks, Reboot! laugh
Posted by: FSM

Re: Who changed the link - 11/16/08 07:54 PM

i only hit it once, so take that yoyo. my solution in Firefox is to hit Index and the hit General Discussion link at top (if that's where i wanted to go). it's an extra step, but it's quicker than scrolling back to the top.

Re: Who changed the link - 11/16/08 08:45 PM

Ok ... then cmd-2. smile
Posted by: FSM

Re: Who changed the link - 11/16/08 09:17 PM

command-1 (or 2, 3, 4, etc.) switches tabs for me. i love that until i get about 12 tabs open and have to guess whether a particular tab i want is 7 or 8. darn giant cinema display. ;~)

Re: Who changed the link - 11/16/08 09:41 PM

ok, ok ... I give.

I spent a few minutes to see if there was an easy way to modify the source code to handle this, and decided it was more involved than I wanted to deal with.

Hopefully, once everyone gets used to it, it will be fine.

Thanks!

Neil

Posted by: Mississauga

Re: Who changed the link - 11/17/08 06:55 AM

command-1,2,3,4 - COOL! But expecting me to remember those? Ya, right! wink