Admin Update: New "New" Graphic

Posted by: neil

Admin Update: New "New" Graphic - 11/15/08 12:17 PM

Hi all,

Thanks to MacGizmo, we have a new, non-animated, high contrast, right-sized "NEW" graphic. You may need to clear your browser cache, or do an option-Reload in Safari to see it.

Hope you like it.

Thanks!

Neil

Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Admin Update: New "New" Graphic - 11/15/08 12:27 PM

It's beautiful.

OK, so I exaggerate wink
Posted by: Lea

Re: Admin Update: New "New" Graphic - 11/15/08 12:34 PM

I'm glad I do, because I get the New graphic on everything. Always. It's probably because I'm too cheap to go Leopard or something. And I kinda like the idea that everything is always new and fresh.

Posted by: Phosphor

Re: Admin Update: New "New" Graphic - 11/15/08 01:00 PM

Yeah, OK.

Thanks for the acknowledgment anyway, Neil. I didn't have anything better to do.

BRILLIANT job, Giz! shocked laugh

Posted by: Jim_

Re: Admin Update: New "New" Graphic - 11/15/08 05:05 PM

How about something more subtle like just a small red or yellow arrow, thin black border, or not, outlining the arrow, pointing to the right. About 2/3 as wide as the new NEW icon, and 2/3 as high at the max width of the tip, transparent background around the arrow, not in a box.

Or some other icon other than NEW. Within a couple of visits most people will know what it means, put it in the FAQ's too.

Opinions?
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Admin Update: New "New" Graphic - 11/16/08 11:45 AM

Good gawd people, you can't please everyone. It's just a silly new icon. When you click a thread it should automatically scroll down to the latest post you haven't read anyway.
Posted by: neil

Re: Admin Update: New "New" Graphic - 11/16/08 12:55 PM

Right now, I'm thinking we're done with this one. Need to move onto the next stage of bringing in more people now.

Thanks!

Neil

Posted by: carp

Re: Admin Update: New "New" Graphic - 11/16/08 01:53 PM

Thats great Neil - open the flood gates and lets rock laugh
Posted by: RubenC

Re: Admin Update: New "New" Graphic - 11/17/08 05:40 PM

Originally Posted By: MacGizmo
Good gawd people, you can't please everyone. It's just a silly new icon. When you click a thread it should automatically scroll down to the latest post you haven't read anyway.

I was gonna ask, and you read my mind. Thanks smile