Suggestion/Request

Posted by: yoyo52

Suggestion/Request - 11/10/08 04:35 PM

I almost never put in requests, but I think that this one is warranted. Would it be possible to repeat at the bottom of a thread the same forum links that appear at the top of the thread? When I get to the bottom of a long series of posts in a thread, the only way to get back to the original forum in order to go to the next thread is by scrolling back to the top. At least, I think that's the case.

Am I missing something obvious??

I know the "go to next thread" button is an option, but that doesn't take you to the point where new posts begin.
Posted by: John Rougeux

Re: Suggestion/Request - 11/10/08 06:00 PM

Well, there are plenty of options.

You have Next Topic, Index, and then Top at the bottom right of this picture.

Re: Suggestion/Request - 11/10/08 06:02 PM

Index will do. Thanks, John. blush
Posted by: John Rougeux

Re: Suggestion/Request - 11/10/08 06:07 PM

Welcome. Actually, I never noticed that there either. I kept on hitting MacTech forums and then having to reclick into the forum.
Posted by: neil

Re: Suggestion/Request - 11/11/08 02:49 PM

I don't know a way to do this easily. But, I'll try to look into it at some point.

Re: Suggestion/Request - 11/11/08 02:51 PM

Never mind, Neil. The Index link is all that's necessary. I assumed that it would do what it used to do back on the MM software, which was to take you to the general index rather than to the forum-specific index.
Posted by: katlpablo

Re: Suggestion/Request - 11/12/08 01:24 PM

In posts with many replies on the "threaded mode" it's awkward to return to the thread's original forum.

I think the "Index" button with/without the arrow would fit well between or after the "MacTech Forums" and "Top" buttons at the bottom of the page. smile

Maybe there are technical difficulties hidden. frown

cool