Default Starting View - Watched Lists - bug?

Posted by: Svend

Default Starting View - Watched Lists - bug? - 11/06/08 10:30 PM

There is a new setting in our preferences -

Default Starting view - set to watched lists. And a new feature to watch forums.

Pretty neat. I can set it to the lounge and political forum and view both forums as if it were a single forum.

This feature is nice for members that wanted a single forum (everything in one view). Most people didn't want to deal with political issues so the forums were split up.

However, the default starting view always seems to be the traditional forum and doesn't come up as the watched forums. Am I misunderstanding how this feature works.

Posted by: neil

Re: Default Starting View - Watched Lists - bug? - 11/06/08 10:43 PM

Not sure ... I'll put it on the list for Rick.

Thanks!

Neil

Posted by: neil

Re: Default Starting View - Watched Lists - bug? - 11/07/08 10:51 AM

FYI: So far we are not seeing the same thing. Let us know if this continues, and give us more information about it (browser/os you are using, etc...)

Thanks!

Neil

Re: Default Starting View - Watched Lists - bug? - 11/07/08 10:54 AM

Maybe I don't understand the feature. I just don't see a difference between setting the Default Starting View set to Watched List or Traditional Forum view.

Edit: Safari 3.1.2 on OS X 10.4.latest
Posted by: RickB

Re: Default Starting View - Watched Lists - bug? - 11/07/08 12:20 PM

Basically, if you have it set to when the Default Starting View is Watched List, when you login it will take you to that page instead of the forum list. That's really the only difference.

Re: Default Starting View - Watched Lists - bug? - 11/07/08 12:52 PM

Ahh... thanks.

Since I'm always logged in, I didn't try that. I assume this was controlling the view when navigating to http://forums.mactech.com