Ok ... we've got a solution selected

Posted by: neil

Ok ... we've got a solution selected - 10/29/08 12:12 PM

Here's the update.<br><br>I was able to find the original developer of wwwthreads. It's now called UBB.threads. And, we've come to an arrangement for him to port this to the new technologies on our faster server. This is a bit of work as it has to go through a few upgrades to get to the current (this version is something like 7 years old).<br><br>The new version is way faster on top of it ultimately going to a new server.<br><br>Big progress -- I think this will end up being the best solution.<br><br>Neil<br><br>
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: Ok ... we've got a solution selected - 10/29/08 01:10 PM

Thanks for staying on top of this issue and keeping us up to date with progress. Your efforts for our "little family" are greatly appreciated.<br><br>- alec -
Posted by: margadagio

Re: Ok ... we've got a solution selected - 10/29/08 01:19 PM

Thanks so much, Neil. We really appreciate everything you're doing for us.<br><br>
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Ok ... we've got a solution selected - 10/29/08 01:35 PM

Thanks for all you've done and for all you're doing. We really do appreciate it. <br><br>
Posted by: zwei

Re: Ok ... we've got a solution selected - 10/29/08 02:07 PM

Thanks Neil!<br><br>zweisoft<br>
Posted by: polymerase

Re: Ok ... we've got a solution selected - 10/29/08 02:21 PM

Sounds great Neil. So this means we will still be able to search and read our posts back to 2001?<br><br>Be careful what you wish for cause you just might get it.<br>you just might get it.<br><br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Mac007

Thanks Neil! - 10/29/08 03:54 PM

We appreciate all your hard work. I look forward to seeing the new forums come online with great anticipation. <br><br>"It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness."
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Ok ... we've got a solution selected - 10/29/08 06:23 PM

Thanks Neil!<br><br><br><br>my photos
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Ok ... we've got a solution selected - 10/29/08 06:24 PM

Thanks for all the work and attention you're devoting to this. We all do appreciate it tremendously.<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>
Posted by: pops

Re: Ok ... we've got a solution selected - 11/04/08 04:45 AM

What everybody else said! Thanks.<br><br>