A bunch of tweaks

Posted by: neil

A bunch of tweaks - 07/03/08 11:14 PM

Ok ... all, quick update.<br><br>We made a bunch of tweaks tonight again (and throughout today) on the MySQL settings. Let us know how things go.<br><br>Thanks!<br><br>Neil<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: A bunch of tweaks - 07/04/08 07:58 AM

So far so good. It's looking good!<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>
Posted by: Svend

Re: A bunch of tweaks - 07/05/08 12:52 AM

Runs like a bat of out hell!<br><br>Looks like you're getting your money's worth on that 486 DX2 66Mhz server <br><br>
Posted by: keymaker

I wouldn't say that... - 07/05/08 02:33 AM

Oh, sorry! I see what you mean - tweaks - painfully s l o o o o w at the moment I'm afraid... <br><br>km<br><br>
Posted by: Mike

Re: A bunch of tweaks - 07/05/08 04:03 AM

'Sputtering' again this morning. <br><br><br>[color:blue][/b]Hodie mihi. Cras tibi.</font color=blue>[/b]

Re: A bunch of tweaks - 07/05/08 09:22 AM

I've made more tweaks this morning. See how it is now.<br><br>
Posted by: starmillway

Re: A bunch of tweaks - 07/05/08 09:40 AM

Testing post speeds <br><br><br><br>
Posted by: starmillway

Re: A bunch of tweaks - 07/05/08 09:41 AM

Not toooooo bad. I'll give it another go later this afternoon to see if it is any better/worse.<br><br>Thanks for your efforts.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Jim_

Re: A bunch of tweaks - 07/05/08 10:04 AM

On another matter, don't know if it's related, I've noticed a problem with read post counts not being updated. For example, I read a post, then click on the General Discussion link to go back to the forum list page and it still shows the same number of unread posts on the forum list page. I need to refresh the page to get it to update.<br><br>I also when I get the flashy thingy for a Read Receipt, click on it, click on the Read Receipt, then when I go to the forum list the flashy thingy was still flashing like I had not acted on the Read Receipt. Stale cookies or something?<br><br>------>#1 - JD's Trivia game<br><br>------>#2 - MM-MCF Trivia game

Re: A bunch of tweaks - 07/05/08 10:54 AM

Yeah, I'm not sure what's up with those items -- as they are likely just bugs in the software. Ultimately, we're going to replace the software, so I don't want to spend too much time on fixing bugs.<br><br>
Posted by: SgtBaxter

Re: A bunch of tweaks - 07/05/08 12:50 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>486 DX2 66Mhz server<p><hr></blockquote><p>Actually, I believe it's two 286's horned together with camo duct tape ;)<br><br><br>Hey I'm an F'n Jerk!
Posted by: Mike

Wow...What a difference!! - 07/05/08 12:56 PM

It is really snappy now!!<br><br><br>[color:blue][/b]Hodie mihi. Cras tibi.</font color=blue>[/b]
Posted by: Piper_14

Re: A bunch of tweaks - 07/05/08 02:18 PM

Wow. Really speedy now! <br><br><br>My Wii: 5721 8516 7937 9434 (PM me if you Wii)

Re: A bunch of tweaks - 07/05/08 05:50 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Ultimately, we're going to replace the software, so I don't want to spend too much time on fixing bugs.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Yeah, I'm aware of that. It's just that it never did that until the server change so I thought that maybe that also was related to the problems with reading the database. I also don't have much of a clue as to how forum software works so don't mind me.<br><br>Thanks for all the work BTW. <br><br>------>#1 - JD's Trivia game<br><br>------>#2 - MM-MCF Trivia game

Re: A bunch of tweaks - 07/05/08 05:51 PM

It's poppin' right along now BTW, even for replies.<br><br>------>#1 - JD's Trivia game<br><br>------>#2 - MM-MCF Trivia game

Re: A bunch of tweaks - 07/05/08 07:55 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>It's poppin' right along now BTW, even for replies.<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>It is? 10:54 pm here. Perhaps the server's cold and that's slowing it down.<br><br><br>Hey I'm an F'n Jerk!

Re: A bunch of tweaks - 07/05/08 08:00 PM

It's quite usable. Not as peppy as before but they're getting there. Nothing like the 20 second or more loads, if at all, it was doing. 3 or 5 seconds to load a forum now.<br><br>------>#1 - JD's Trivia game<br><br>------>#2 - MM-MCF Trivia game

Re: A bunch of tweaks - 07/05/08 08:04 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>3 or 5 seconds to load a forum now.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Tack 20 seconds onto those numbers where I'm at.<br><br>At least it's more consistent than the geocaching site. That site files for about 5 minutes, then for two minutes you can't do a damn thing, then it flies again.<br><br><br>Hey I'm an F'n Jerk!