One bit about the 'new' forum section...

Posted by: Pete

One bit about the 'new' forum section... - 01/10/08 11:52 AM

Is there anyone here in need of any 'Classic' tips?<br><br>Jest axin. <br><br><br>[color:purple]Work With ____! </font color=purple>
Posted by: MicMeister

Re: One bit about the 'new' forum section... - 01/10/08 11:56 AM

Heheheh. Or willing to discuss Classic for that matter? <br><br>
Posted by: Leslie

Re: One bit about the 'new' forum section... - 01/10/08 12:19 PM

Yes.<br>Is there any other way to quit Classic other than force quit or does it not matter.<br><br>
Posted by: Topper

Re: One bit about the 'new' forum section... - 01/10/08 12:37 PM

No, thank you. When I do, I ask drjohn.<br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: One bit about the 'new' forum section... - 01/10/08 12:38 PM

he was talking about software, not about the old times.<br><br><br><br><br><br>my photos
Posted by: Pete

Re: One bit about the 'new' forum section... - 01/10/08 12:59 PM

Or Coca-Cola, for that matter. <br><br><br>[color:purple]Work With ____! </font color=purple>
Posted by: zwei

Re: One bit about the 'new' forum section... - 01/10/08 01:15 PM

Classic was dead for me at Panther <br><br>zweisoft<br>
Posted by: margadagio

Re: One bit about the 'new' forum section... - 01/10/08 01:25 PM

What's Classic? <br><br>
Posted by: Jim_

Re: One bit about the 'new' forum section... - 01/10/08 01:32 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Is there any other way to quit Classic other than force quit or does it not matter.<p><hr></blockquote><p>You can take classes to learn how to quit.<br><br>------> JD's Trivia game<br><br>------> MCF-MM Trivia game

Re: One bit about the 'new' forum section... - 01/10/08 01:53 PM

Or maybe there is a group I could join. <br><br>
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: One bit about the 'new' forum section... - 01/10/08 02:03 PM

Dig around the internets for a Classic patch! <br><br>- alec -

Re: One bit about the 'new' forum section... - 01/10/08 02:05 PM

But seriously, if you opt to display the Classic icon in your menubar, you can start and stop it from there.<br><br>- alec -
Posted by: Jim_

Re: One bit about the 'new' forum section... - 01/10/08 02:17 PM

Classics Anonymous?<br><br>Or "I don't care if the 21'st century and all it's fun toys pass me by Anonymous." <br><br>------> JD's Trivia game<br><br>------> MCF-MM Trivia game

Re: One bit about the 'new' forum section... - 01/10/08 02:25 PM

and i would do that how......<br><br>
Posted by: drjohn

Re: One bit about the 'new' forum section... - 01/10/08 03:13 PM

Classic (9.1?) is what my old beige G3 with a SCSI film scanner attached uses.<br><br>I had added a SCSI card to my G4 and the scanner worked for a while using VueScan. But, typically, I think along the OSX 3 upgrade route, VueScan decided to quit finding the scanner so I gave up and put the G3 back into service. At least it works! And to think I was just about to give the G3 away. <br><br>Old farts, the hidden caulk of civilization. Jim Atkinson<br><br>
Posted by: Topper

Re: One bit about the 'new' forum section... - 01/10/08 03:31 PM

I had a UMAX PowerLook III Pro. <br>I couldn't get that thing to work once I bought my G5.<br>I worked with my G4.<br>I tried USB adapters , firewire adapters. <br>Finally I gave up and traded in for a Canon scanner.<br><br>I emailed VueScan support. I forget their answer but it wasn't good.<br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: ichi

Re: One bit about the 'new' forum section... - 01/10/08 03:47 PM

can you stop it in sys prefs?<br><br><br>[color:green]ichi</font color=green><br><br>"[color:red]in times of peace, the warlike man attacks himself.</font color=red>"<br><br><br>libertarian communist ~ ichi youtube<br>

Re: One bit about the 'new' forum section... - 01/10/08 05:24 PM

Classic options can be found in the System Preferences/Classic.<br><br>ichi - yes, Classic can be started and stopped in the SysPref pane.<br><br>- alec -

Re: One bit about the 'new' forum section... - 01/10/08 05:35 PM

Yes, I went there but no place where it gives me the option to put an icon in the menubar. Thanks anyway.<br><br>
Posted by: ScoutX

Re: One bit about the 'new' forum section... - 01/10/08 05:48 PM

IIRC, there was a little app that put a classic control in the dock. I think it was called "Classic?" with the question mark. I can't find that at Version Tracker any more, but I did find Classic Toggler, released in late 2002, compatible with 10.2, only two star rating. There is also Classic Control Menu that puts the control in the menu bar, released in 2006, compatible up to 10.4, four stars.<br><br>Who serves his fellows, is of his fellows greatest - Chingachgook (by legend) <br><br>Scout

Re: One bit about the 'new' forum section... - 01/10/08 07:57 PM

"Show Classic status in menu bar" checkbox. I see it on my iBook running 10.4.11.<br><br>- alec -
Posted by: ScoutX

Re: One bit about the 'new' forum section... - 01/11/08 05:19 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>"Show Classic status in menu bar" checkbox.<p><hr></blockquote><p>When I got to work this morning, I checked it out on my G4 MDD. There sits the classic icon in the menu bar, unused for several years. It's amazing how things in plain sight fade into obscurity.<br><br>There's also this: If you go to /System/CoreServices/ and drag Classic Startup.app to the Dock, that gives a way to start (but not turn off) Classic. That's how I always started it. Apparently I dumped "Classic?" years ago. I let it run until shutting down in the evening (as we used to be instructed to do for energy consevation - now we let everything run so IT can install spyware... er.. do backups ).<br><br>Who serves his fellows, is of his fellows greatest - Chingachgook (by legend) <br><br>Scout
Posted by: ichi

Re: One bit about the 'new' forum section... - 01/11/08 09:42 AM

stop it in sys prefs. :)<br><br><br>[color:green]ichi</font color=green><br><br>"[color:red]in times of peace, the warlike man attacks himself.</font color=red>"<br><br><br>libertarian communist ~ ichi youtube<br>
Posted by: DLC

Re: One bit about the 'new' forum section... - 01/11/08 10:18 AM

Oh I love classic... <br><br>did you know I can run OS 7.0 30% faster than OS X ? <br><br>David (OFI)
Posted by: Swatcat

Re: One bit about the 'new' forum section... - 01/11/08 11:20 AM

My Lemmings are dying <br><br> My Ultimate Amazing Crap !