WWWThreads Update Suggestions Wanted

Posted by: StanFlack

WWWThreads Update Suggestions Wanted - 08/02/01 12:25 AM

Hey All!<br><br>Just wanted to let you know that the folks at WWWThreads are in the late stages of a major upgrade to their forum software -- this is the package that MacMinute uses.<br><br>They are looking for feature suggestions and ideas, so if there is something you would like to see added, this is the place to do it.<br><br>Thanks!<br><br>Cheers,<br><br>Stan
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: WWWThreads Update Suggestions Wanted - 08/02/01 10:49 AM

reply not specifically to one person... keep the ones tied to people but have an overall one like UBB... and make the newpost button bigger. It is hard to find.<br><br>------------------<br>-- j o n k n e e --<br>------------------<br>
Posted by: bdog

Re: WWWThreads Update Suggestions Wanted - 08/02/01 03:39 PM

Here:<br>http://www.macminute.com/cgi-bin/wwwthre...;o=93&part=<br>http://www.macminute.com/cgi-bin/wwwthre...;o=93&part=<br><br>I don't know this, but is the email notification customizable in any ways?<br><br>[color:red]-- John Bailey</font color=red> ( [color:red]Bdog</font color=red> )<br><br>[color:blue]Email Me!</font color=blue> [email] [color:green]bdog_111@yahoo.com</font color=green> [/email]

Re: WWWThreads Update Suggestions Wanted - 08/07/01 12:51 PM

Oh yea, the ability to get an email notification each & EVERY time you get a reply to ANY posts in a thread that you created! I would like that, some people wouldn't, and that's why it would be an option!<br><br>[color:red]-- John Bailey</font color=red> ( [color:red]Bdog</font color=red> )<br><br>[color:blue]Email Me!</font color=blue> [email] [color:green]bdog_111@yahoo.com</font color=green> [/email]

Re: WWWThreads Update Suggestions Wanted - 08/18/01 10:36 AM

Another idea! When you edit one of your posts, the subject, message body, and signature are all in the same field. It would be nice of the subject was still in it' own, seperate, field. Like when you make a new post, and the signature should be hidden, since it always is.<br><br>[color:red]-- John Bailey</font color=red> ( [color:red]Bdog</font color=red> )<br><br>[color:blue]Email Me!</font color=blue> [email] [color:green]bdog_111@yahoo.com</font color=green> [/email]

Re: WWWThreads Update Suggestions Wanted - 08/26/01 03:16 PM

Another idea! Since you need to have an account to get email notification, the SMTP server that does the notification should send out the message, and the link that links to the reply to your post should be in flat or threaded mode, according to your preferences, not just ALWAYS threaded, cause I don't like threaded!!! Werd up!<br><br>[color:red]-- John Bailey</font color=red> ( [color:red]Bdog</font color=red> )<br><br>[color:blue]Email Me!</font color=blue> [email] [color:green]bdog_111@yahoo.com</font color=green> [/email]

Re: WWWThreads Update Suggestions Wanted - 10/29/01 06:59 PM

2 more ideasÉ<br><br>1. When I do a search, and I click on a result, it views it in threaded mode, not flat (My prefs are set to use flat as default). You COULD use it to do whatever your prefs say, just that when you load your result, it puts it at the top of the browser window, just like new posts do (in flat mode).<br><br>2. In previewing a post, there should also be a preview of the value for "Email all replies to my real email address". Maybe an invisible checkbox?<br><br>--John Bailey( [color:red]Bdog</font color=red> )<br><br>Email Me ---> bdog_111@yahoo.com

Re: WWWThreads Update Suggestions Wanted - 11/20/01 02:03 PM

2 more ideas!<br><br>1. Where it says "show threads" and then there is a pop-up menu with "active in the last week, active in the last 2 weeks, ect." there should be a text field with enough room for just 3-4 characters, and then to the right of that text field there should be a pop-up menu with "minutes, days, weeks, months, & years", and then, finally, the "change" button to the right of the pop-up menu. Then, for example, you chould view the threads that where active in the last 17 minutes, or 17 days, or 55 months, or whatever you choose!! Very nice!<br><br>2. When you edit a post, is should mark the thread as active, bump it to the top of the list, and then make the icon orange.<br><br><br><br>How many ideas is this from me know? :-) :-)<br><br>--John Bailey( [color:red]Bdog</font color=red> )<br><br>Email Me! ---> bdog_111@yahoo.com

Re: WWWThreads Update Suggestions Wanted - 11/25/01 10:29 AM

Also, when you are editing your signature (in the "basic profile" section), there should be a button named "Test Signature", and that would open a new browser window, and put in your signature. It would be nice cause I use some Markup in my signature, and have to make a reply to a post to test it.<br><br>--John Bailey ([color:red]Bdog</font color=red>)<br><br>Email Me! ---> bdog_111@yahoo.com