MM widget

Posted by: CeeG5Addict

MM widget - 10/26/05 02:07 PM

You guys need a MacMinute widget, nuff said<br><br>
Posted by: Pete

Re: MM widget - 10/27/05 08:09 AM

Personally, I don't know if I'd use it - I already have MM's RSS feed in NetNewsWire...<br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: MM widget - 10/27/05 08:51 AM

I doubt you'll get a reply anyway. This forum has been on battery-operated autopilot for well over a year now. There are no human administrators here.<br><br><br>

Re: MM widget - 10/27/05 09:02 AM

I'd say this would be better off in 'Member Projects' anyway...<br><br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: MM widget - 10/29/05 06:46 AM

Agreed Pete. However, if a Widget form of RSS feed is desired, there are plenty of Widgets available that allow you to add MacMinute's RSS feed into them for the news.<br><br>I would love to see a Widget that shows forum posts. There are several available for other forums on the Web, so it's just a question of finding someone to edit an existing one I guess.<br><br>

Re: MM widget - 10/29/05 08:22 PM

I want a widget to tell me who 'Carlos' is...<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: MM widget - 10/29/05 10:12 PM

Well, a quick search turned this up.<br><br>
Posted by: StanFlack

Re: MM widget - 12/08/05 05:39 AM

This has been available for some time, we just haven't really promoted it as most use an RSS reader anyway.<br><br>http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/18301<br><br>Cheers,<br><br>Stan<br><br>
Posted by: sean

Re: MM widget - 12/08/05 12:22 PM

geez, i am old fashioned. i tried RSS and decided i like visiting the website more. maybe if i had a decide RSS reader, but i hate how safari's only option is to get a snippet or a shorter snippet or a headline. i want to do it all in one application, which includes reading whole articles if i desire.<br><br>widgets . . . rarely open them.<br><br>--<br>"I am mindful that diversity is one of the strengths of the country" --president bush on 9/27/05

Re: MM widget - 12/08/05 12:38 PM

NetNewsWire - nuff said.<br><br>I visit MM for the forum, but I just scan the headlines in the newsreader..<br><br> <-- octagonal signature<br>

Re: MM widget - 12/08/05 01:15 PM

i had NNW for a while, but i was using the freebie version and it seems like there was a limitation with it. i guess i just couldn't justify paying for a full version until i found something that i thought i would really use.<br><br>okay, i just downloaded it again and i see that it's only a headline reader -- just like safari. to me, that defeats the purpose if i have to open up the browser anyway to read the articles i find interesting. for example, i liked wired and i tend to read every single article that appears (at least a cursory skim-through). i don't mind just headlines and a sentence or so for MacMinute. on the other hand, the blogs that i read, i read and the headlines are pretty meaningless to me.<br><br>i have RSS available for readers of my own blog. i subscribe to bloglines and i check it once every few weeks. it seems to do the trick for what i need, but this is really less of an RSS and more of a website that fills the same need using a browser. i just forget i use it because a lot of the blogs i like only update once every day or two. <br><br>okay, playing around with NNW some more now . . . i can see how this could be a timesaver for checking macosxhints and macupdate daily as well as macsurfer, etc. but, then what do i do with the extra space i have for tabs? <br><br><br><br>--<br>"I am mindful that diversity is one of the strengths of the country" --president bush on 9/27/05

Re: MM widget - 12/08/05 05:28 PM

Some sites have the articles or snippets of the articles to go along with the headlines- depends on the site. <br><br>Creativebits, for example, has most of the article in the reader...<br><br> <-- octagonal signature<br>

Re: MM widget - 12/08/05 08:58 PM

okay, it sux with regard to macupdate. it doesn't say if an app is shareware of freeware and all that jazz. i don't want to click to learn more about 5 applications that look cool only to find they are all demos. <br><br>--<br>"I am mindful that diversity is one of the strengths of the country" --president bush on 9/27/05

Re: MM widget - 12/09/05 08:01 AM

Yeah, I agree with regards to MU and VT - I'm leaning towards deleting the feeds, because I can't keep up and don't feel like clicking on all of them to get futher info...<br><br><br> <-- octagonal signature<br>