Unread Posts Oddness

Posted by: yoyo52

Unread Posts Oddness - 12/15/02 08:04 PM

Every now and then the forum seems to forget what posts I've read, so suddenly everything looks like its unread. I think it has some time-sensitive element to it--so, for instance, in this forum, only Mike's last posting in the Password wierdness thread shows up as a new one--but I think that's because this is not a very active forum, and Mike's is the only post that falls within the time frame during which the forum doesn't recognize what I've read. In the Lounge, on the other hand, there's a couple of pages worth of supposedly unread postings, all of which I have in fact read. I assume it's some sort of cookie crumbling, but have no real clue. Anyone have the same thing happen?<br><br>I hope this makes sense--I've just realized how hard it is to describe some of these things that happen on the web <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Unread Posts Oddness - 12/16/02 02:58 AM

I have had that happen to me too..and it's not fun at all cause I am not sure which was the last one. Good thing there are date/times so I know when to start...but it is a pain. happens every once in a blue moon though.<br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>
Posted by: lesh

Re: Unread Posts Oddness - 12/16/02 07:14 AM

Whew - I thought it was just me. <br><br>

Re: Unread Posts Oddness - 12/16/02 09:28 AM

Confusion loves company, lesh <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Unread Posts Oddness - 12/18/02 03:08 AM

Yeah Stan and admins. Get off the beach there in Spain and do some fixing up around here. There are a few bugs that need to be taken care of! No more siesta time for you!<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: lesh

Re: Unread Posts Oddness - 12/18/02 09:19 AM

It's state I seem to visit often these days - thought I'd seen you there! <br><br>

Re: Unread Posts Oddness - 12/18/02 05:54 PM

I'm rarely out of state <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Unread Posts Oddness - 12/18/02 08:15 PM

But you're always out of your mind!!!!<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>and I'm never out of words!<br><br><br>Visit Me At My .Mac Site

Re: Unread Posts Oddness - 12/18/02 08:48 PM

Never out of posts, you mean <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Unread Posts Oddness - 12/19/02 06:13 AM

I have a backlog of posts stored up, just in case I can't think of anything.... you know, in case of emergency! <br><br><br>Visit Me At My .Mac Site