Team MacMinute?

Posted by: Anonymous

Team MacMinute? - 07/21/01 11:41 PM

Hay Stan is this cool?<br><br>I was thinking about starting a "Team MacMinute" Seti@home group...<br><br>I just wanted to check with you before i do...<br><br>Oni<br><br>We got death star, We got death star

Re: Team MacMinute? - 07/23/01 11:38 AM

Hi Oni, <br><br>We're actually planning on launching SETI@home and RC5 teams... we'll have them set up in a day or two.<br><br>The RC5 team has been set up for a couple months now, we just haven't promoted it. That will change as well:<br><br>http://stats.distributed.net/rc5-64/tmember.php3?team=875184014<br><br>I'll keep you posted!<br><br>

Re: Team MacMinute? - 07/25/01 07:04 PM

I'll join it... I think SETI@home is really cool. I have 45 some units crunched now at 15 hours apiece. Is that good?<br><br>-------------------<br>-- j o n k n e e --<br>-------------------<br>

Re: Team MacMinute? - 07/26/01 10:13 AM

Just got the SETI group set up, so feel free to join. smile I'll be putting together the SETI pages over the next couple days, explaining what SETI is for newbies and how to join.<br><br>http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/cgi-bin/cgi?cmd=team_lookup&name=MacMinute+Crew<br><br>

Re: Team MacMinute? - 07/28/01 07:58 AM

Wow you are quite the established SETI@home user Misha! Keep up the good work!<br><br>------------------<br>-- j o n k n e e --<br>------------------<br>

Re: Team MacMinute? - 08/01/01 07:32 AM

Thanks. :)<br><br>I actually stopped running SETI about 4 months ago... RC5 is a *lot* better for G4s. Once Berkeley started imposing all sorts of performance limits, I got frustrated that it was taking my G4 15 hours to crunch a unit, instead of the 5 hours it used to take.<br><br>

Re: Team MacMinute? - 08/02/01 10:53 AM

i downloaded it... not quite as user friendly as SETI... I'll figure it out though!<br><br>------------------<br>-- j o n k n e e --<br>------------------<br>

Re: Team MacMinute? - 08/02/01 10:02 PM

Me=Lazy Bum :-)<br><br>I am still waiting for AT&T to get my cable modem installed in my new apartment, so when that gets up and running i will get my SETI account on the team.<br><br>Oni<br><br>We got death star, We got death star