Unread Threads?

Posted by: bdog

Unread Threads? - 06/17/01 06:53 PM

I have an idea. If you have never read a thread, then there should be an icon or something to the left of the post's icon. That would be very nice, but hard to implement (I think)<br><br>[color:red]-- John Bailey</font color=red> ( [color:red]Bdog</font color=red> )<br><br>[color:blue]Email Me!</font color=blue> [email] [color:green]bdog_111@yahoo.com</font color=green> [/email]
Posted by: johnengler

Re: Unread Threads? - 06/17/01 07:05 PM

good idea bdog... might be hard to do though... the fact that they show you a little number next to the one you didn't read last time is pretty neat... it works across machines, platforms and browsers....<br><br>I like the software a lot....<br><br>***<br>"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." <br> -- Ecclesiastes 10:2
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Unread Threads? - 06/17/01 07:55 PM

I do like the idea of seeing how many you haven't read. Very nice feature here.<br><br>

Re: Unread Threads? - 06/17/01 08:48 PM

Yes, I am VERY impressed with WWWThreads. It is very powerfull software! I like it alot!<br><br>[color:red]-- John Bailey</font color=red> ( [color:red]Bdog</font color=red> )<br><br>[color:blue]Email Me!</font color=blue> [email] [color:green]bdog_111@yahoo.com</font color=green> [/email]
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Unread Threads? - 06/17/01 10:10 PM

I think that this would be a good idea also, sometimes i get pulled away from my computer (work) when i am reading posts and comeback sometimes hours later and forget what i have read.<br><br>*if only these fourms could remind me were i put my keys, then life would be great*<br><br>Oni<br><br>She said it wasn't me, its really me.....<br><br>
Posted by: StanFlack

Re: Unread Threads? - 06/18/01 12:03 AM

Thanks for the idea John. I think you are right - it may be very hard to implement - but I will check it out.<br><br>Cheers,<br><br>Stan
Posted by: Alex

Re: Unread Threads? - 06/18/01 10:06 PM

Um, isn't the icon next to an unread thread sort of orangish while a read thread's icon is yellowish?? or is that not what is being discussed?<br><br>

Re: Unread Threads? - 06/18/01 11:03 PM

Alex<br><br>Whoa!! your right I never noticed that.<br><br>Good Spot!!<br><br>Oni<br><br><br>She said it wasn't me, its really me.....<br><br>

Re: Unread Threads? - 06/18/01 11:24 PM

No worries mate - just remember to refresh your window when you forget where you were up to, to ensure you're viewing the latest list. Too easy!<br><br>
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: Unread Threads? - 06/19/01 04:47 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Um, isn't the icon next to an unread thread sort of orangish while a read thread's icon is yellowish?? or is that not what is being discussed?<p><hr></blockquote><p>Well, golleeeee geeeee! Alex, you hit the nail on the head! I've been asking about this since day one of the forum. It has probably been working the way you said since then too! I just didn't notice it.<br><br>Way to go!<br><br><br><br>

Re: Unread Threads? - 06/19/01 08:25 PM

Sorry alex, but that "almost" does what I want it to. I mean, if you have NEVER looked at a certain post, it should have an icon infront of it. It is orangish if it has been new/modified since last time you "refreshed" that forum. Get it? Very good input though.<br><br>Now I hit the nail on the head! :-)<br><br>[color:red]-- John Bailey</font color=red> ( [color:red]Bdog</font color=red> )<br><br>[color:blue]Email Me!</font color=blue> [email] [color:green]bdog_111@yahoo.com</font color=green> [/email]
Posted by: sean

Re: Unread Threads? - 06/20/01 07:19 PM

just to further explain bdog's comments...when you have read a thread in the past and someone adds to that thread, you see the little orangish number next to it. if john starts a whole new thread, then there is no number next to it and i ignore it (until someone adds to it). it would be nice to know that this very new thread is unread by me. sometimes, the main board will show that there is 1 unread message in a forum (e.g., the lounge) and i click on the lounge but none of the threads have a little orangish number next to them. i have to analyze things a bit to figure out which message is new. perhaps it isn't that hard, but would be a nice feature.<br><br>hope this makes sense.<br><br>[color:blue] -sean</font color=blue>
Posted by: StanFlack

Re: Unread Threads? - 06/21/01 12:26 AM

Hi Sean,<br><br>It makes perfect sense. We are digging around to see what we can do with it. Thanks for the feedback!<br><br>Cheers,<br><br>Stan

Re: Unread Threads? - 06/21/01 12:40 AM

No, not the number - I meant the icon on the left of the thread name, guys. It goes orangish when the thread either hasn't been read or has new items. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I wasn't talking about the (number) at all... have another look!<br><br>
Posted by: sean

Re: Unread Threads? - 06/21/01 07:42 AM

yep...you're right alex. i never noticed. thanx.<br><br>[color:blue] -sean</font color=blue>

Colour - 06/23/01 10:36 AM

Maybe the orange and yellow are just a bit too close, visually. If the icons could be set to (say) orange and, I dunno, bright blue, there would be enough to differentiate them to make it more noticeable. Yellow and bright green?<br><br>John<br><br>[color:red]I don't need no steenkin' signature!</font color=red>