New Site Design

Posted by: Anonymous

New Site Design - 09/24/02 09:07 AM

I miss the old MacMinute pocket watch logo! The all red logo has no connection to Mac (OS X). I alse really liked the old simple no-frills layout. But I guess we all have to move on at times.<br><br>Escher<br><br>

Re: New Site Design - 09/24/02 09:10 AM

By the way, I wander what software they use to code the HTML. I've seen a lot of these designs with thin black borders recently.<br><br>Escher<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: New Site Design - 09/24/02 09:30 AM

I love it... it's much cleaner and easy to follow. The navigation elements are more obvious (the old ones were easily missed as a "design element" rather than navigation. Sites trying to "copy" the OSX look are lame and unimaginative in my opinion...<br><br>Great job guys!<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>
Posted by: StanFlack

Re: New Site Design - 09/24/02 09:49 AM

Thanks guys!<br><br>We are aiming to make things as streamlined as possible and I felt MacMinute was due for a facelift. We didn't change the news navigation at all, as that is what we are made of. We just tried to reduce the page load more, bring the news closer to the top, and make the navigation elements more efficient.<br><br>Thanks for the feedback. We all appreciate that!<br><br>And yes, I miss the stopwatch as well, but the new logo is kinda cool too. <br><br>Cheers,<br><br>Stan

Re: New Site Design - 09/24/02 10:58 AM

I like the new logo - it's more simplified and less "cartoonish" than the other one... so um, when does the new logo make its debut in the forum?<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: New Site Design - 09/24/02 12:08 PM

Stan Flack wrote:<br>>And yes, I miss the stopwatch as well, but the new logo is kinda cool too.<<br><br>Stan: I'm glad you miss the old stopwatch as well. :)<br><br>Regardless of the logo, you should add a Favicon of the logo to your code so that those of us who use Chimera can have a nice little stopwatch icon instead of the earth icon when we visit MacMinute. BTW: What editor do you use for your HTML layout?<br><br>Cheers,<br>Escher<br><br>PS: What's with the time restriction on editing posts? I wanted to correct the two glaring typos in my post above (lest I look like an illiterate idiot) but the board software informed me it was too late. frown
Posted by: margadagio

Re: New Site Design - 09/24/02 12:12 PM

Very nice Stan. I like it much more than the old one. It definitly has a cleaner look to it.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: rman

Re: New Site Design - 09/24/02 01:18 PM

Looking Good<br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: New Site Design - 09/24/02 03:26 PM

Looking good!<br><br>Escher...this has been discussed before about there being a 10 minute time limit on editing posts...can't recall why..but it's in this fourm.<br><br>
Posted by: scaught

Re: New Site Design - 09/24/02 03:58 PM

ooh. i still have an account here. <br><br>i check out your news all the time, dont really frequent this forum that much. i really like the new front page. red is the new, um, something. with the amount of blue thats immediately associated with OSX in my mind, a nice smattering of RED is very appreciated. <br><br>somehow in my mind that all flows, i swear.<br><br>

Re: New Site Design - 09/24/02 04:05 PM

Come visit us in the forums... we love the company!<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>
Posted by: Alex

Re: New Site Design - 09/24/02 04:32 PM

I really love it!<br>My friends really love it too!!<br>We all love it!!!<br><br>From a design perspective it wins my vote over the old one - very clean, defined areas and very easy to read and navigate. The top bar is just too good - the whole thing feels more like a newspaper and less like just a page of stuff! I'm here every day (a reminder to CLICK THE ADS TO SHOW YOUR SUPPORT seems to fit well here) and in my mind the change is even better than a holiday! (Well, almost...)<br><br>

Re: New Site Design - 09/24/02 06:16 PM

I like the new site design, very clean! And I completely agree with scaught -- the red is appreciated, what with this wash of blue all over the Mac web!<br><br>asterizk<br><br>

Re: New Site Design - 09/24/02 09:16 PM

I like the newdesign. It looks really professional.<br><br>

Re: New Site Design - 09/24/02 09:41 PM

wow... haven't seen you in ages feng.... where have you been?<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>
Posted by: iraszl

Re: New Site Design - 09/25/02 02:51 AM

General look:<br>Simlicity is good. Less is more.<br><br>Logo:<br>The stopwatch concept is kept, which is good. Red is good. It's just like a fire extinguisher. You feel the urgency, which this site is all about. It's still aqua, but not candies, which looked lame. Hate sites mimicing the Apple site.<br><br>Font:<br>In line with the new iMac logo. It's contemporary and bold. Nice choice.<br><br>Menu:<br>Clear and bold. Nice. Also I feel doesn't make much sense. Why put email links as menu points. At least make a mail form, so that one can send a mail without opening his mail app. I would rather keep the forum button on top together with the search on the top and keep the mail links together where the search button is smaller, less significant. You don't use them so often, but one who is looking for them will still find them because they are still on the top area of the page. Something like this.<br><br>http://raszl.net

Re: New Site Design - 09/25/02 02:58 AM

today is my first day actually looking at this forum so i do not know what the original layout was. this one now is ok and good. nothing wrong with it. <br><br><br>rakka<br><br> Great Day!

Re: New Site Design - 09/25/02 05:44 AM

Where I've been? Managing a Beijing MUG, of course. We just moved sites today.<br><br>

Re: New Site Design - 09/25/02 07:17 AM

I assume you mean website... how about posting a link so we can check it out.<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>