Windows Icons?

Posted by: MacGuru

Windows Icons? - 05/20/01 10:31 AM

Firstly Hello as no one knows me here.<br><br>Secondly why are their windows icons on the Control Panel screen i thought i would be safe from the evil touch on a Mac site.<br><br>
Posted by: KateSorensen

Windows Guru?? Need one - 05/20/01 10:39 AM

Personally, my opinion, I would hope some friendly Windows users hang out here. I like both sides of the computing world. Used a PC at work (now retired) and managed to get web pages published and publications printed for many years.<br><br>My grandkids use PC and Macs at school, so I fixed up their 2 iMacs with VPC.<br><br>I didn't recognize the windows icons at control panel as such. I last used Win95 regularly and have seen the OSs after that. But if they fit the purpose -- gopher it I say. I don't think either side owns the duckie image either. I have the same duckie sitting on my bath tub.<br><br><br>* * * * * * * * ** * * *<br>Kate<br>

Re: Windows Guru?? Need one - 05/20/01 10:42 AM

I have to use windows at college to get on the internet everyday but my usage of windows is minimal as i have my iBook which i take to college to use instead of the slow windows boxes they have.<br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Windows Guru? - 05/20/01 10:56 AM

How do u get on with your iBook?<br>Not too heavy?<br><br>

Re: Windows Guru? - 05/20/01 11:36 AM

It is a bit heavy but i deal with it. It is particualy heavy with all my text book aswell (it can't be good for my back)<br><br>

Re: Windows Guru? - 05/20/01 11:46 AM

What do u think to the new one.<br>Apple on a winner?<br><br>
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: new iBook? - 05/20/01 12:37 PM

The screen is way too small for me. I wish I were rich, cause the TiBook's screen is just the right size. . . . .<br><br>* * * * * * * * ** * * *<br>Kate<br>

Re: Windows Guru? - 05/20/01 01:06 PM

I think they are onto a winner with the new iBook it is about the right size and a friend of mine who only uses PCs is considering buying one so if it gets atleast some PC converts it can only be a good thing.<br><br>

Re: new iBook? - 05/20/01 02:48 PM

Tibook is nice but looooooaaaaads of dinero.<br>New iBook has a very nice+sharp screen by all acounts.<br><br>

Re: Windows Guru? - 05/20/01 02:49 PM

Blimey must be good!!!<br><br>
Posted by: TreeBeard

Re: new iBook? - 05/20/01 05:27 PM

my son was both happy and sad that he recently purchased a Titanium Powerbook to take to England with him but a few days later the new Titanium iBook came out ... though he knew it was coming he bought the powerbook for other reasons and found that the new iBook had the features he had wanted (CD burning, for backups, I think it was that he wanted)<br>Still as he said "beggars can't be choosers" and he was mostly glad that he got the powerbook.<br><br>..