2 Ideas for email notification!

Posted by: bdog

2 Ideas for email notification! - 06/04/01 06:12 PM

Idea # 1: My preferences are set to always show threads in "flat" mode. If I click on the link to the reply that came with the email, the thread is listed as "threaded" instead of "flat". I know you could do this, becuase when the email is sent, it could check the user's prefs, and make the link so it will display the reply in your preferred viewing mode "flat for me" (I am very used to ResEx's forum)<br><br>Idea #2: Also, in the same email notification, there should be something that says "click here to reply to this reply" and then the appropriate link would follow! Nice huh?<br><br>Thanks for all of your guy's help, and keep up the GREAT work!!!<br><br>-- John Bailey (Bdog)
Posted by: StanFlack

Re: 2 Ideas for email notification! - 06/05/01 12:55 AM

Thanks for the suggestion John. I will look into it and see if we can implement that!<br><br>Cheers,<br><br>Stan<br><br>

Re: 2 Ideas for email notification! - 06/05/01 07:07 AM

Idea #3:<br>In the body of the notification message it would be nice if it would be more informational. Right now, it's like this:<br>"StanFlack replied to your post at the site:"<br><br>It would be nice if it was like this:<br>"StanFlack replied to your post at the site entitled "2 ideas for email notification:"<br><br>Also, if there is any other important information that could be put in there, that would be very cool, but I know that you guys are really busy. Thanks!<br><br>-- John Bailey (Bdog)
Posted by: johnengler

Re: 2 Ideas for email notification! - 06/05/01 05:31 PM

wow... talk about some demanding users wink just kidding... great ideas guys...<br><br>***<br>"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." <br> -- Ecclesiastes 10:2

Re: 2 Ideas for email notification! - 06/16/01 05:07 PM

Idea #4:<br>If you create a new thread (post) then you should have the option to have an email notification if anyone replies to ANY of the replies in that thread. For example. I (bdog) create a thread. "Bob1" replies to that thread. Then I get an email notification (of course). THEN "Bob2" replies to "Bob1's" reply and I get an email notification becuaes it is "my" thread. Hope you can impliment that! Thanks!<br><br>[color:red]-- John Bailey</font color=red> ( [color:red]Bdog</font color=red> )<br><br>[color:blue]Email Me!</font color=blue> [email] [color:green]bdog_111@yahoo.com</font color=green> [/email]
Posted by: johnengler

Re: 2 Ideas for email notification! - 06/16/01 06:42 PM

John B. you'll soon wish that you didn't have email notification turned on, as you'll be getting many, many emails....<br><br>Trust me on this, just check the forums often (you already do)... it's easier on the internet to not use the bandwidth to tell you that there is a message waiting for you, especially if you're coming to the forums anyways... <br><br>Just my thoughts ;)<br><br>***<br>"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." <br> -- Ecclesiastes 10:2
Posted by: StanFlack

Re: 2 Ideas for email notification! - 06/18/01 12:09 AM

Thanks John. I am not sure how much flexibility we have in some of these things, but I will check into this idea as well. I am sure I can hack something into the software, but I am very adverse to start playing around with something that is working... know what I mean? <br><br>Cheers,<br><br>Stan

Re: 2 Ideas for email notification! - 06/30/01 02:36 PM

Idea #5:<br>If I reply to my own post, it would be nice if it didn't email me. I know that I replied already (but some people are VERY forgetfull!! :-)<br><br>[color:red]-- John Bailey</font color=red> ( [color:red]Bdog</font color=red> )<br><br>[color:blue]Email Me!</font color=blue> [email] [color:green]bdog_111@yahoo.com</font color=green> [/email]