MacMinute Contest Prize Not Received!

Posted by: Anonymous

MacMinute Contest Prize Not Received! - 07/27/02 12:28 AM

hey<br><br>i have been trying to contact macminute for information about a prize that i won during the birthday contest giveaway they had recently (last month?) i supposedly won the glucose impasse firewall program, but was never emailed any kind of information on this other than the original winners postings on the macminute site, and i've contacted glucose and they say to ask macminute for the registration codes.<br><br>help!<br><br>*B<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Eeehheeem.... - 07/28/02 11:36 AM

Hey Stan... you on top of this???<br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: MacMinute Contest Prize Not Received! - 07/28/02 12:11 PM

Try emailing Stan. There should be a contact link around here someplace.<br><br>

Re: MacMinute Contest Prize Not Received! - 07/29/02 07:24 PM

I am in a similar situation. I received email from Stan in June indicating I had won a copy of BBEdit, and I replied with my email address. I have not received the software, and I have sent 2 additional replies to Stan with no response.<br><br>

Re: MacMinute Contest Prize Not Received! - 07/30/02 06:56 PM

Oops - I meant to say I sent my mailing address, not my email address.<br><br>
Posted by: StanFlack

Re: MacMinute Contest Prize Not Received! - 07/31/02 01:50 AM

Hi Guys,<br><br>All of those should have gone out ages ago. I will check on yours today and see what happened. Please email me your contact details to sflack@macminute.com so I have a cross-reference.<br><br>Cheers,<br><br>Stan

Re: MacMinute Contest Prize Not Received! - 07/31/02 02:37 PM

Thanks, Stan. Will do.<br><br>

Re: MacMinute Contest Prize Not Received! - 08/01/02 08:08 PM

fyi-<br>not to be whiney or anything, but...<br>its been a week since my post and i've sent my details to stan, haven't heard anything yet...<br><br>*Brian<br><br>

Re: MacMinute Contest Prize Not Received! - 08/05/02 07:13 PM

Same situation here. I have sent two emails to Stan with my contact info, the last requesting a brief reply just to indicate the message was received. All I have received is silence. Rather disappointing.<br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: MacMinute Contest Prize Not Received! - 08/05/02 07:15 PM

Perhaps he is busy trying to contact the companies and finding out what's going on? Give him some time...<br><br>

Re: MacMinute Contest Prize Not Received! - 08/06/02 11:57 PM

stan emailed me... got the code... very quickly<br><br>am very satisfied now.<br><br>i hope ppl didn't think i was being ungrateful, its just that i truly needed a firewall program, and i won one! :)<br><br>thanks guys<br><br>youre the best<br><br>and i LOVE the magazine.<br><br>keep up the good work on the webside of things<br><br>*B<br><br>
Posted by: johnengler

Re: MacMinute Contest Prize Not Received! - 08/08/02 09:06 PM

being a guy that's run a few promotions and has had to keep all of the stuff that goes with one straight, I would like to say "bravo" to macminute for giving away however many (was it like 1000+) prizes it was, and only screwing up like two of them.... <br><br>if you've never run a promotion/give away, you have no idea how hard it is to keep it all straight, and how easy it can be to screw it up.<br><br>good job guys.<br><br>"In the old days, you'd finish a day's work and announce, 'I'm done.' Nobody ever does that now. There's never enough time." -- Elliott Masie