How does MacMinute work?

Posted by: Anonymous

How does MacMinute work? - 07/13/02 10:13 AM

Is news manually inputted, or do you have some kind of web admin interface that powers the news?<br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: How does MacMinute work? - 07/13/02 12:09 PM

I'm sure Stan and the others manually input it.<br><br>

Re: How does MacMinute work? - 07/15/02 09:41 AM

Really? That must be an organizational nightmare!<br><br>

Re: How does MacMinute work? - 07/15/02 12:51 PM

Not if one knows what they are doing...<br><br>--<br>I am Dyslexic of Borg. Fusistance is retile. Your a$$ will be laminated.

Re: How does MacMinute work? - 07/22/02 10:06 AM

Yes.... yes it is. Especially in a multi-user environment. I work for a site that does it and it's annoying as hell. Using a CMS (Content-Management System) streamlines everything and makes it easier than pie. I'm sure it will come along soon... it's only as good as it's implementation and I'm sure Flack and the guys will make it amazing. <br><br>-- j o n k n e e --<br>MacMerc.com<br><br>
Posted by: Entish

Re: How does MacMinute work? - 08/12/02 02:59 AM

interface that powers the news?<br><br>interesting concept.<br><br>I know the media goes out and makes the news happen or just plain makes it up if it dopesn't happen.<br><br>But the thought of delivering some kind of electric shock therapy to the news so as to make a story happen.. mm yes an interesting concept.<br><br>
Posted by: johnengler

Re: How does MacMinute work? - 08/12/02 09:22 AM

heh, Ent, great commentary as always...<br><br>"In the old days, you'd finish a day's work and announce, 'I'm done.' Nobody ever does that now. There's never enough time." -- Elliott Masie
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: How does MacMinute work? - 08/12/02 12:28 PM

LOL... clever, and probably shockingly accurate!<br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: How does MacMinute work? - 08/15/02 09:35 PM

So right, Entish.<br><br>There's a local foundation with some money in various funds, whose sole function is to help support the function of the local public library, which is otherwise funded by public money--state, county, and city funds. City and county are arguing about how to meet shortfalls in the library's current budget. So the newspaper reports, "Library Foundation sits on millions while Library pleads poverty." That's a little like saying that The Ford Foundation sits on billions while Ford Motor Company has to shut down plants. But most people won't understand the difference between the foundation and the library itself, nor will they see that spending funds raised over the last 100 years for operating costs this year would be downright stupid.<br><br>I hope that the reporters do know all this, but suspect they don't. In the first instance, the reporters would be knaves. In the second, they'd be fools.<br><br>And that's the division of humanity that Jonathan Swift made some 250 years ago.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: johnengler

Re: How does MacMinute work? - 08/15/02 10:28 PM

yoyo, your comments remind me of this quote:<br><br>"In America the President reigns for four years, and Journalism governs forever and ever."<br>-- Oscar Wilde<br><br>forever is right....<br><br>"In the old days, you'd finish a day's work and announce, 'I'm done.' Nobody ever does that now. There's never enough time." -- Elliott Masie

Re: How does MacMinute work? - 08/16/02 08:21 AM

The more I know journalists (otherwise known as scandalmongers) the less hope I have for us all, John. But then I feel the same way about presidents <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: How does MacMinute work? - 08/16/02 12:59 PM

They both have lawyers behind them, helping them get there and keeping them there... coincidence? I think not! Kill the lawyers, the rest will slowly go away!<br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: How does MacMinute work? - 08/16/02 01:10 PM

You know the quote from Shakespeare's King John? "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers." <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: How does MacMinute work? - 08/16/02 04:29 PM

I just don't like em...<br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>

Re: How does MacMinute work? - 08/16/02 04:29 PM

Not one bit!<br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>
Posted by: StanFlack

Re: How does MacMinute work? - 09/11/02 05:11 AM

Hi Jaffa,<br><br>MacMinute runs on a database system. Some of the content was manually input earlier, but the site is entirely database driven now.<br><br>Cheers,<br><br>Stan