Interestingly, IE9 handles html5 best atm.

Posted by: MicMeister

Interestingly, IE9 handles html5 best atm. - 11/03/10 02:36 AM

W3C tests HTML5 browser compatibility, crowns IE9 the champ

Apparently Microsoft is totally changing the course with IE now to actually respect the W3C standards. I'm waiting for CSS3 compliance tests more, though.
Posted by: zwei

Re: Interestingly, IE9 handles html5 best atm. - 11/04/10 12:48 PM

Looks like IE is re-emerging as a nice browser ůmore than I can say for Firefox.

Re: Interestingly, IE9 handles html5 best atm. - 11/04/10 02:24 PM

Yeah, IE9 seems to have potential and hopefully it won't be as big a headache as IE has traditionally been. As for Firefox, I just can't drop it, terrible resource hog but I'm so used on many of the add-ons I can't switch. Oddly, Safari handles most Flash better nowadays so I often switch to that for Flash content.
Posted by: carp

Re: Interestingly, IE9 handles html5 best atm. - 11/04/10 02:42 PM

I agree
Well so far before when a new IE update comes out - with in days its gets Hack Up Big Time. So far I heard nothing about security holes or maybe nobody is reporting them ? ?

Re: Interestingly, IE9 handles html5 best atm. - 11/04/10 02:46 PM

Flash is the reason I dislike Firefox. Not the performance of Flash, but the fact that they are at odds with h.264 means the majority of HTML5 video won't be viewable in Firefox. I'm not using a browser that forces me to use Flash when an alternative is available.

I don't have flash installed globally on my machines anymore. I use Chrome as my classic Flash environment. (not sure if you saw my other post talking about this a couple days ago.)

Re: Interestingly, IE9 handles html5 best atm. - 11/04/10 02:55 PM

I read that, yeah. Might as well try the same approach myself, as I have no Flash projects in the horizon either. For some reason, I haven't installed Chrome thus far.

Re: Interestingly, IE9 handles html5 best atm. - 11/04/10 03:26 PM

It does take a little extra effort, but it's worth it to me. Especially helpful if you are on a laptop.

I like Chrome because it takes care of itself. Kinda creepy how it's always up to date without you doing anything. wink
Posted by: carp

Re: Interestingly, IE9 handles html5 best atm. - 11/04/10 03:33 PM

I like Chrome because it takes care of itself. Kinda creepy how it's always up to date without you doing anything.

That is creepy and scary - I like having the choice to update myself. I normally like to wait a few months for the bug reports to get fixed.

Re: Interestingly, IE9 handles html5 best atm. - 11/04/10 10:54 PM

I'm not at all worried about that since it s my secondary browser. Nothing critical.