Backup schemes for Windows.

Posted by: Jim_

Backup schemes for Windows. - 02/18/10 08:44 AM

I'm going to do some searching of course, but was just wondering if anyone knows of a good automatic backup scheme for a Windows machine, XP Professional. Doesn't XP Pro have some built in backup thingy?

They don't need it to be bootable, they just want to back up their working files hard drive, so in case it craps out they won't lose years worth of work, like they did a couple of weeks ago. Oops. frown Automatic is the key, thinking is not an option.

I warned 'em, now they're finally willing to buy an external and let me set it up.
Posted by: carp

Re: Backup schemes for Windows. - 02/18/10 01:32 PM

Sorry
Not much help here but there is a back up scheme for XP - sadly IT always set that up via a server somewhere on the network , how they did it I don't know but it is possible for auto back up .

Caveat .
I had about 3,000 emails , that documents the life of a construction project . Which is extremely important to save every conversation .

Then all of a sudden all 3,000 where deleted , right before my eyes . I called IT they went to the back up server and it was deleted too .
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Backup schemes for Windows. - 02/18/10 01:40 PM

The answer is obvious: Get a Mac. laugh
Posted by: trey

Re: Backup schemes for Windows. - 02/20/10 01:42 PM

This should help.