Ok Reboot, you win.

Posted by: Silver_Moon

Ok Reboot, you win. - 12/23/09 04:50 PM

I started a new topic, but I can't reinstall. It asks for a product key and it didn't before.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Ok Reboot, you win. - 12/23/09 05:07 PM

Nobody ever says that, thanks. laugh

Can you call Dell to get the key? They may ask for some proof you have the machine. They sent you the discs, I'm thinking they probably have a record of the machine.

It's usually on a tag on the machine some where. Do you see the tag, on the bottom probably.

Re: Ok Reboot, you win. - 12/23/09 05:09 PM

Yes, but it says it's invalid. and no. I can't.

and you're welcome.:)

Re: Ok Reboot, you win. - 12/23/09 05:20 PM

What do you mean by you can't, can't do what part?

You're making sure you're entering zeros and not the letter O?

Re: Ok Reboot, you win. - 12/23/09 05:27 PM

I can't get it from Dell. I have the COA all right, but what was originally installed was XP home, now it's XP Pro.

Re: Ok Reboot, you win. - 12/23/09 05:43 PM

I thought Dell sent you the restore discs for that machine? Did I miss something in your other thread?

Re: Ok Reboot, you win. - 12/23/09 05:52 PM

They did, but it was for the wrong model.

Re: Ok Reboot, you win. - 12/23/09 06:45 PM

Then you need for them to ship you right ones.

I have no idea why it didn't ask for the key before. Are you doing the same kind of install this time?

Re: Ok Reboot, you win. - 12/23/09 06:47 PM

They won't talk to me because it's out of warranty.
Just look at how bad ther "support" is!

Re: Ok Reboot, you win. - 12/23/09 06:54 PM

How did you get the other ones, the ones they shipped wrong? Did they charge for it?

Re: Ok Reboot, you win. - 12/23/09 06:57 PM

No, they were never shipped with it originally. but they will not talk to me anymore.

Re: Ok Reboot, you win. - 12/23/09 07:20 PM

Well if they shipped them for free and they talked to you once, I don't know why they won't again without having more details.

Are you doing the same kind of install this time?
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Ok Reboot, you win. - 12/23/09 07:32 PM

I hope you get a Mac soon. Then you can send that Dull to Israeli security so they can take care of it. laugh
Posted by: adot

Re: Ok Reboot, you win. - 12/23/09 07:33 PM

I have 10 PCs from a Business that had a fire. The PCs have extensive heat, smoke and water damage. These PCs will never run again and have XP Pro COAs. The PCs originally had an OEM version of XP Home and were upgraded to XP Pro (needed to join a domain). The XP Pro upgrade was a retail version. I know that OEM COAs can not be transferred but I think the XP Pro retail license can be transferred to another computer. If the experts on the forum agree this can be done I can PM you a COA key from work tomorrow.

Re: Ok Reboot, you win. - 12/23/09 07:33 PM

Yes.

They just won't talk to anyone "that has a computer that's out of warranty." I called them again, and that's what they said.

Re: Ok Reboot, you win. - 12/23/09 07:45 PM

Originally Posted By: MacBozo
I hope you get a Mac soon. Then you can send that Dull to Israeli security so they can take care of it. laugh
Sounds good! laugh

Re: Ok Reboot, you win. - 12/23/09 07:47 PM

Please do. I need it.

Re: Ok Reboot, you win. - 12/23/09 08:59 PM

From the EULA;

Transfer to Third Party. The initial user of the Product may make a one-time transfer of the Product to another end user. The transfer has to include all component parts, media, printed materials, this EULA, and if applicable, the Certificate of Authenticity. The transfer may not be an indirect transfer, such as a consignment. Prior to the transfer, the end user receiving the transferred Product must agree to all the EULA terms.

Re: Ok Reboot, you win. - 12/23/09 09:44 PM

AWWWW, What am I going to do now?
Posted by: adot

Re: Ok Reboot, you win. - 12/23/09 10:08 PM

I will check tomorrow to see if they might have a retail box for XP Pro, weather permitting, we are getting a lot of freezing rain at the moment.
Posted by: SgtBaxter

Re: Ok Reboot, you win. - 12/25/09 09:53 AM

Damn, that sucks.

wink