Remove Vista install XP

Posted by: yoyo52

Remove Vista install XP - 05/29/08 07:32 PM

I saw a suggestion on another forum to do a search with that string, and this is the Google result:<br><br>[color:blue]Results 1 - 10 of about 1,010 for "remove vista, install XP"</font color=blue><br><br>I don't mean this as a Windows bash, although I guess it can be seen that way. But on the contrary, I am really saddened by it. Say what you want, MS is a great corporation, with lots of very talented people. How could it have failed so miserably??<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>
Posted by: carp

Re: Remove Vista install XP - 05/29/08 08:57 PM

Okay<br><br>[color:blue]MS is a great corporation,</font color=blue> - so evil is great ?<br><br>[color:blue]with lots of very talented people.</font color=blue> - those Devils you mean?<br><br>[color:blue]How could it have failed so miserably??</font color=blue> - read above - IMO and to cut MS some slack<br><br>1 - MS has a huge "legacy" baggage to carry, MS unlike Apple just cannot do a total switch to OS-X for example <-- which maybe they are trying badly via Vista ?? but its a leg up so to speak. I suppose that XP will be developed into what Vista was supposed to have been <-- this time through XP maybe MS will then try and (ween off) all the old legacy crap through gradual millions of blue screens of death<br><br>2 - MS that had 95% market share, was to "arrogant" well still is. Anyway MS believes that at 95% market share "no matter" what they do is good/bad for the 95% is the best decision for their customers. <-- Still is their Mantra, eat our shiit or die. Think about it they are so huge they still could lose customers for the next 5 years and not even feel it. Apple and all its products are not even on their radar screen<br><br>3 - Corporate leadership;<br>I really do hate to say this but - Ballmer is leading MS in the wrong direction.<br><br>a) - He believes in above items 1 & 2 to a point its a fallacy <br>b) - Xbox is a failure and sold at below cost = did gain some market share but at a tremendous cost<br>c) - That squirting Mp3 player - Ballmer claims it took 20% of that market ?? ahhh what market??<br>d) - New Touch Table 10,000 expected cost at point of sale <<-- eeerr okay so we can finally share some photos while getting frigging drunk - but wait I have an iPhone and I don't have to carry a table around - Okay maybe a few "strip bars" while buy this table <br><br>Bottom line;<br>IMO just seems to me that MS is working on many projects and not doing a single one any good. What MS needs is good "direction" and focus on the future and forget about the iPhone and forget about the Wii <-- just take a cold shower and start over<br><br>Apple did it<br><br>
Posted by: G4Dualie

Re: Remove Vista install XP - 05/29/08 11:01 PM

How could it have failed so miserably??<br><br>Steve Jobs said it best in 2004...<br><br>Q: What can we learn from Appleís struggle to innovate during the decade before you returned in 1997?<br><br>A: You need a very product-oriented culture, even in a technology company. Lots of companies have tons of great engineers and smart people. But ultimately, there needs to be some gravitational force that pulls it all together. Otherwise, you can get great pieces of technology all floating around the universe. But it doesnít add up to much. Thatís what was missing at Apple for a while. There were bits and pieces of interesting things floating around, but not that gravitational pull.<br><br>People always ask me why did Apple really fail for those years, and itís easy to blame it on certain people or personalities. Certainly, there was some of that. But thereís a far more insightful way to think about it. Apple had a monopoly on the graphical user interface for almost 10 years. Thatís a long time. And how are monopolies lost? Think about it. Some very good product people invent some very good products, and the company achieves a monopoly.<br><br>But after that, the product people arenít the ones that drive the company forward anymore. Itís the marketing guys or the ones who expand the business into Latin America or whatever. Because whatís the point of focusing on making the product even better when the only company you can take business from is yourself?<br><br>So a different group of people start to move up. And who usually ends up running the show? The sales guy. John Akers at IBM (IBM ) is the consummate example. Then one day, the monopoly expires for whatever reason. But by then the best product people have left, or theyíre no longer listened to. And so the company goes through this tumultuous time, and it either survives or it doesnít.<br><br>Q: Is this common in the industry?<br>A: Look at Microsoft (MSFT ) ó whoís running Microsoft?<br><br>Q: Steve Ballmer.<br>A: Right, the sales guy. Case closed. And thatís what happened at Apple, as well.<br><br><br>M i c h a e l (OFI)
Posted by: Nagromme

Re: Remove Vista install XP - 05/30/08 01:40 AM

Well, it is Google after all. There are nearly 3,000 results for the phrase "cat in toilet" <br><br>Search for the reverse ("remove XP, install vista") to get a fair comparison.<br><br>nagr[color:red]o</font color=red>mme<br><br>I require stroyent!<br>TeamMacOSX.com | MacClan.net
Posted by: walzuhair

Re: Remove Vista install XP - 05/30/08 02:09 AM

Oh I got a bit more:<br>[color:blue]Results 1 - 10 of about 1,480,000 for remove vista, install XP. (0.23 seconds)</font color=blue><br><br>One of my friends went through this process, as his PC was not usable with Vista, due to its hunger for RAM and HD space.. But he finally decided to go for a MacBook Air this past Wednesday.<br><br>We talked about the same thing, individual components produced by M$ are good on their own, but combined are very bad. Personally, I think Office is the only product they have, the rest need lots of work.<br><br>[color:blue]flick</font color=blue>[color:red]r</font color=red>

Re: Remove Vista install XP - 05/30/08 05:42 AM

Of limited interest: "cat in vista" has 5 hits. "vista in toilet" has 2.<br><br>nagr[color:red]o</font color=red>mme<br><br>I require stroyent!<br>TeamMacOSX.com | MacClan.net

Re: Remove Vista install XP - 05/30/08 08:52 AM

However, there were no results for "toilet in vista" <br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>
Posted by: Mike

Re: Remove Vista install XP - 05/30/08 09:57 AM

Hmmm... I just added a 'comma' and get an even more dramatic result...<br><br>"[color:blue]Personalized Results 1 - 10 of about 1,700,000 for remove vista, install XP. (0.29 seconds) </font color=blue>"<br><br>Even 'Vista sucks' gets good results: "[color:blue]Results 1 - 10 of about 554,000 for Vista sucks. </font color=blue>" <br><br>[color:blue][/b]Hodie mihi. Cras tibi.</font color=blue>[/b]
Posted by: G4Dualie

Re: Remove Vista install XP - 05/30/08 10:03 AM

However, there were no results for "toilet in vista"<br><br>I removed the quotes and found a lot of stuff including the following... Windows Vistaģ toilet paper.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>M i c h a e l (OFI)
Posted by: DLC

Re: Remove Vista install XP - 05/30/08 01:03 PM

Well I did the obvious...<br><br>typed in f**k VISTA and got:<br><br>Results 1 - 10 of about 453,000 for f*ck VISTA. <br><br><br>David (OFI)

Re: Remove Vista install XP - 05/30/08 01:12 PM

<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>

Re: Remove Vista install XP - 05/30/08 04:42 PM

You may be on to something. "os x sucks" gets only 4,010 hits.<br><br>"switching from windows": 63,700 hits<br><br>"switching from mac": 503 hits<br><br>PS, Windows 7 STILL won't have any major internal overhauls: the major features cut form Vista years ago like WinFS aren't aven PLANNED to be working by the next major Windows: http://weblogs.jupiterresearch.com/analysts/card/archives/2008/05/no_way_to_build_1.html<br><br>It will, however, add touch support. You know, the feature that makes sense for a handheld but not a PC. Unless everyone buys touchscreens and gets forearms like Popeye from lifting their arms up to use them. Somehow I think people will still be reaching for the low-effort mouse, no matter how much they spent on a new touchscreen PC for Windows 7.<br><br>nagr[color:red]o</font color=red>mme<br><br>I require stroyent!<br>TeamMacOSX.com | MacClan.net
Posted by: SacredBovine

Re: Remove Vista install XP - 06/01/08 11:47 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>You may be on to something. "os x sucks" gets only 4,010 hits.<p><hr></blockquote><p>"osx sucks" gets 659,000 hits though.<br><br>

Re: Remove Vista install XP - 06/02/08 03:00 AM

Actually, "osx sucks" gets 2,740 You almost had me....<br><br>Remember, if you Google without the quotes you're getting pages that have the two words on them, but not necessarily together.<br><br>Witness:<br><br>"diseased rodeo clown excreting alien eggs"<br>0 hits<br><br>But without quotes:<br>410 hits<br><br>nagr[color:red]o</font color=red>mme<br><br>I require stroyent!<br>TeamMacOSX.com | MacClan.net

Re: Remove Vista install XP - 06/02/08 07:34 AM

I thought that hilarious they demoed the big feature of Windows 7 the other day and .... (drum roll) it's an APPLE feature (and patent) from the iPhone and touch iPod !! <br><br>WOW MS ... way to adopt others innovation.<br>I hope they don't pull the "steal the technology" (GIU) crap and try to avoid Apples patents again ! <br><br>David (OFI)

Re: Remove Vista install XP - 06/02/08 07:49 AM

They could just package the OS with a label that says "Apple Inside" <br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Remove Vista install XP - 06/02/08 08:40 AM

Just go straight to, "Remove W7 and install OS X." <br><br>

Re: Remove Vista install XP - 06/02/08 10:44 AM

are you kiddin... those azzholes wouldn't even adopt the Apple term Firewire .. had to use that IEEE number ! <br><br>David (OFI)

Re: Remove Vista install XP - 06/02/08 01:47 PM

I figure that in the ripeness of the new Windows OS, "Apple Inside" finally comes to mean OS X <br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>