Why MS - XP sucks

Posted by: carp

Why MS - XP sucks - 04/24/08 11:01 PM

This goes along with "Ginger Breadman" post<br><br>My new office was without a printer so after a few weeks I got a HP dinosaur to use until my all in one HP/scanner/fax yada yada shows up.<br><br>2 weeks later a HP all in one printer shows up "refurbish model" would print but would not scan' <-- watch out for refurb HPs<br><br>2 weeks later a brand new HP arrives and is installed according to "IT" it works? So naturally I go to my work Dell to check email BUT nothing happens,, I have a desk top image but thats it. I then do a "re-start"... Now I cannot even get through the log in screen,, the DELL is useless ---- but I do have a new HP printer that works I think?? I mean how do I know at this point.<br><br>Anyway;<br>I have a 20 minute or so call to "IT" and they will TRY to walk me through the process of just trying to LOG IN <-- getting the Dell to recognize my old,, new or any password, as this would seem its a XP software thingy ??<br><br>Bottom line;<br>I been close to 3 months without a decent printer let alone a scanner. ___ I Love the XP world.<br><br>
Posted by: GingerBreadMan

Re: Why MS - XP sucks - 04/25/08 06:06 AM

I have no problems logging in to my XP machine. However, I've never tried anything fancy like printing with it.<br><br>
Posted by: margadagio

Re: Why MS - XP sucks - 04/25/08 06:31 AM

Suck it up. Since your boss is very good pals with Billy, your troubles won't be gone anytime soon. Best you can hope for is Dell to go belly up and MS to fade away. You'll be retired before the latter.<br><br>
Posted by: DLC

Re: Why MS - XP sucks - 04/25/08 06:36 AM

Well you're not looking at the big picture Steve...<br><br>This is part of HP's and Microsoft's "Get Green" program...<br><br>between the refurbished printer and XP you can't print !!<br><br>you can 't print.... you don't use any paper...<br><br>saves Trees !! <br><br>so feel good about your experience !! <br><br>David (OFI)
Posted by: Mike

Re: Why MS - XP sucks - 04/25/08 02:34 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>However, I've never tried anything fancy like printing with it.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Why not? <br>Even under the XP partition on this iMac printing in XP is no problem.<br>(And I actually like the HP printers. <br>HP's printer drivers have always worked in XP, and HP actually updates drivers very quickly, even for OS X...)<br><br>[color:blue][/b]Hodie mihi. Cras tibi.</font color=blue>[/b]
Posted by: GingerBreadMan

Re: Why MS - XP sucks - 04/25/08 02:57 PM

Never had anything to print.<br><br>I use the XP laptop mostly for testing websites, sometimes I'll use it to surf the web at night in my lazy boy chair. It gets about 5 hours of battery life, I can almost make it to the end of the Internet.<br><br>
Posted by: drjohn

Re: Why MS - XP sucks - 04/25/08 03:27 PM

http://www.internetlastpage.com/<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I can almost make it to the end of the Internet<p><hr></blockquote><p>Here's a shortcut. <br><br><br><br>Old farts, the hidden caulk of civilization. Jim Atkinson<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Why MS - XP sucks - 04/25/08 04:48 PM

I wish HP would release a Leopard driver for my HP inkjet. It's been long enough lord knows.<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Why MS - XP sucks - 04/25/08 05:24 PM

Which model do you have? My PhotoSmart 8250 works very well in Leopard.<br><br>

Re: Why MS - XP sucks - 04/25/08 05:29 PM

It's the deskjet5600--no Leopard drivers available.<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Why MS - XP sucks - 04/25/08 05:46 PM

According to HP's web site, the drivers are built-in in the Leopard install. My question is, are those drivers offering full functionality?<br><br>

Re: Why MS - XP sucks - 04/25/08 07:06 PM

You know, that information that you found, and I just read, is brand new. Up until last time I looked, a couple of weeks ago, the page said that they were working on drivers. I hate HP.<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>
Posted by: Mike

Re: Why MS - XP sucks - 04/26/08 03:30 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>My question is, are those drivers offering full functionality?<p><hr></blockquote><p>Unlike so many other printer manufacturers (e.g.: Lexmark -who -I think- make the printers for Dell), HP has been good to OS X. <br><br><br>[color:blue][/b]Hodie mihi. Cras tibi.</font color=blue>[/b]