VISTA and Windows 7

Posted by: DLC

VISTA and Windows 7 - 04/23/08 09:14 AM

I found this article very interesting about the current VISTA and the upcoming Windows 7 (2010).<br><br>It does NOT paint a pretty picture for Windows users.<br> Windows Vista, 7<br><br><br>David (OFI)
Posted by: margadagio

Re: VISTA and Windows 7 - 04/23/08 09:53 AM

Windows is dying. <br><br>

Re: VISTA and Windows 7 - 04/23/08 10:05 AM

AMEN !!<br><br>Ding Dong Win-Dows is dead !!<br>Which 'ole Win-Dows ?<br>the wicked Win- Dows..<br><br>Ding Dong the wicked Win-Dows is dead !! <br><br>David (OFI)
Posted by: zwei

Re: VISTA and Windows 7 - 04/23/08 10:26 AM

ROFL! <br><br>zweisoft<br>
Posted by: Piper_14

Re: VISTA and Windows 7 - 04/23/08 05:11 PM

Great read!! Thanks!! <br><br>From the article, what all of us already knew: [color:blue]Microsoft never aspired to deliver great products; it only ever sought to destroy competitors and spread its brand name.</font color=blue><br><br><br>My Wii: 5721 8516 7937 9434 (PM me if you Wii)

Re: VISTA and Windows 7 - 04/24/08 03:41 PM

"Microsoft never aspired to deliver great products; it only ever sought to destroy competitors and spread its brand name."<br><br>Yes, wasn't that an earth shattering revelation Piper !! <br><br>almost as good as the old Claude Raines line in Casablanca !!<br><br><br><br>David (OFI)
Posted by: Mike

Re: VISTA and Windows 7 - 04/24/08 04:55 PM

PC Mag compares OSes and picks a winner... The Victor! <br><br>[color:blue][/b]Hodie mihi. Cras tibi.</font color=blue>[/b]

Elephant in the room? - 04/25/08 07:48 AM

Last summer I met up with an old family acquaintance. He just happens to be as zealous about Microsoft as I am about Apple. It's made for some interesting arguments, sometimes quite heated. The subject came up about my retirement portfolio and I mentioned I'd bought more AAPL. You'd think I'd just said I chopped off my head. This fella went all red in the face and frothing at the mouth about how Apple was dying and should be dead. My money should be in MS according to him. HE would NEVER buy Apple shares. I calmly explained to him that it was him who was in the wrong. Apple is growing, MS is dying.<br><br>Look at Microsoft's earnings. They are down. The shares are flatlined and have been for some time.<br><br>Here's an interesting take on the whole Apple/Microsoft issue. Elephant in the room?<br><br>
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Elephant in the room? - 04/25/08 09:05 AM

LO..posters comments..<br><br>Ray M<br>Apr 25 11:13 AM<br>Apple has finally learned how much of a premium (not much) their stuff can really command plus they really have something with the MacBook Air. I have used NT based OS's since the Beta program for Windows NT 3.0. Vista is such a travesty that my next purchase will almost certainly be a Mac of some sort. Worse, my latest HP machine will only run Vista, so they are losing my business as well. Windows machines made sense (even with all the warts) when they were half the price of a marginally better Mac. Now with better (technically and compatibility) and relatively less expensive Mac's, Microsoft only has its inertia going for it.<br>sbjforever<br>Apr 25 11:55 AM<br>How could the reason be any other? Isn't it a no-brainer that each first time Mac buyer (50% of sales according to Apple) would have had an existing PC? What is it thought these folks new to the Apple brand previously had in their dens - Commodore's?<br><br><br><br>

Re: Elephant in the room? - 04/25/08 09:21 AM

The sticking point for most enterprise seems to be proprietary apps that make it impossible to switch to OS X. There HAS to be a market out there for application developers to work with enterprise clients. I know many apps are going web based. There's definite job opportunities there for talented individuals.<br><br>

Re: VISTA and Windows 7 - 04/25/08 10:05 AM

Apple in control of its own destiny.<br><br>Some who understands Apple. <br><br>
Posted by: polymerase

Re: Elephant in the room? - 04/25/08 12:50 PM

Ten years ago my enterprise apps made me stick Dells into some offices. Now all of the apps are web based and they work just as well on Safari as anything else. Any enterprise app that has not shifted to purely web based should be taken out back and shot.<br><br>The only Dells I have now are wired directly to scientific apparatus and they only do one thing, run the instrument and collect data. I don't allow browsers or mail programs on them. They script the data off to other computers where the data can be analyzed easily, on a Mac.<br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Elephant in the room? - 04/25/08 01:07 PM

The problem, as I've been told, is many of these web based apps are designed for IE only. <br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>The only Dells I have now are wired directly to scientific apparatus and they only do one thing, run the instrument and collect data.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Yeah, like good old Perkin Elmer? <br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: VISTA and Windows 7 - 04/25/08 04:53 PM

Isn't that the guy who mocked the idea that Bear Stearns would have problems and urged stock owners to hold on to the stock . . . the week before Bear Stearns went belly up?<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>

Re: VISTA and Windows 7 - 04/25/08 04:56 PM

Jim Cramer? I don't remember him doing so. You could be right, plenty of analysts did.<br><br>

Re: VISTA and Windows 7 - 04/25/08 05:10 PM

I really don't know, Marg. I don't follow financial analyst talking heads . . . but I sort of remember seeing someone post a clip of one of those guys giving that advice about Bear Stearns, and I think it looked like this dude.<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>

Re: VISTA and Windows 7 - 04/25/08 05:26 PM

They all look the same to me. <br><br>

Re: VISTA and Windows 7 - 04/25/08 05:28 PM

And that's true too!<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>

Re: VISTA and Windows 7 - 04/25/08 05:54 PM

I love Cramer's talk on Apple. He likes to speak about his first hand research. He has two teenagers that love anything Apple. <br><br>He bases his his calls on what his kids and their friends want. He claims it works every time. It's likely more accurate than the other mumbo jumbo the analysts like to spew to make themselves look knowledgeable. <br><br>
Posted by: drjohn

Re: VISTA and Windows 7 - 04/25/08 08:44 PM

In summary, Jim Cramer's stock market ca... below average.<br><br><br><br>Old farts, the hidden caulk of civilization. Jim Atkinson<br><br>

Re: VISTA and Windows 7 - 04/26/08 04:24 AM

If I listened to any of those jokers as to how to invest I'd be broke. I believe the basic rule is anyone can call themselves and analyst. <br><br>
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: VISTA and Windows 7 - 04/26/08 06:38 AM

... with emphasis on "anal".<br><br>- alec -

Re: VISTA and Windows 7 - 04/26/08 07:45 AM

Those are the ones who retain and retain no matter what the stocks are doing. Then there are the expulsive ones who . . . . but then, I'm sure you don't want a blow by blow on that one, eh? <br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: VISTA and Windows 7 - 04/26/08 07:59 AM

EWWW!!! <br><br>- alec -

Re: VISTA and Windows 7 - 04/26/08 09:53 AM

no kidding. <br><br>