MS: "We really botched this."

Posted by: MacBozo

MS: "We really botched this." - 03/01/08 04:15 AM

Microsoft Cuts Price for Boxed Vista<br><br>Gotta love it! <br><br>And then there's this quote:<br>Both versions serve the tiny percentage of users who install an operating system on their own; most people get the latest version of Windows only when they buy a new PC.<br>If that were the case, I'd still be running OS 9.0 on my 8 plus year old G4. <br><br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by MacBozo on 03/01/08 07:26 AM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>
Posted by: Piper_14

Re: MS: "We really botched this." - 03/01/08 04:57 AM

Still not enough for me to buy a copy to install on my Mac. For my unfortunate PC "needs", XP is all I need. <br><br><br>My Wii: 5721 8516 7937 9434 (PM me if you Wii)
Posted by: Mike

Re: MS: "We really botched this." - 03/01/08 05:18 AM

"Ditto" here!<br>And I probably wouldn't have installed it if it weren't for one specific app that I need...(Well, and some games....)<br>I'd consider 'upgrading' if the price dropped to below $50.00...<br><br>[color:blue][/b]Hodie mihi. Cras tibi.</font color=blue>[/b]
Posted by: DLC

Re: MS: "We really botched this." - 03/01/08 02:21 PM

Yeah I love it...<br><br>Fsck your computer up ,,, <br><br><br>at a reduced price !!<br><br><br>Only in the Windows World of MS !! <br><br>David (OFI)
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: MS: "We really botched this." - 03/01/08 07:20 PM

What does a copy of Vista Home Premium go for nowadays? The article says 20-48% price drop - that's kind of a wide range. I'm wondering if this is yet another "journalistic guess."<br><br>