Windows Desktop view

Posted by: Anonymous

Windows Desktop view - 01/28/03 10:42 AM

Hi, can anybody tell me how can I do in Mac Os X 10.2 the same feature as Wondows have: when you have many windows and program open, and you like to see the desktop, instead of closing windows or minimizing them, press a button and see the entire desktop. Many Thanks. Juan<br><br>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: Windows Desktop view - 01/28/03 10:48 AM

Well, I know to hide all the other apps and stuff, you would just click on the 'Happy Mac' face in the dock, and then go up to 'Finder' on the menu bar on top, and just select 'Hide Others'...<br><br>There's this program too, but I think it's just a shortcut to the process I just mentioned...<br><br><br><br>[color:red]Hold on, it's time for a </font color=red> <br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Windows Desktop view - 01/28/03 11:42 AM

Option click on the desktop to hide the app you're in.<br><br><br>Visit Me At My .Mac Site
Posted by: Lori

Re: Windows Desktop view - 01/28/03 12:17 PM

or you can click on the desktop, then hit Command option H<br>The command key is the apple key, pretzel key, the one on the left and right of the spacebar.<br><br>

Re: Windows Desktop view - 01/28/03 01:07 PM

'pretzel key'- ha! <br><br>I've never heard that one...<br><br><br>[color:red]Hold on, it's time for a </font color=red> <br>

Windows Desktop view - 01/28/03 01:31 PM

Thanks to all for the help, but no one of the solutions still satisfied me. The idea is to press a button on the dock and all the apps, hide. DaddyMac posted an app but the link is broked and I cannot find the Company's website. Anyway my friends, thanks for your time. Cheers from Barcelona. And if you know something, please tell.<br><br><br>
Posted by: Lori

Re: Windows Desktop view - 01/28/03 01:47 PM

Ok try..<br>Keyboard Maestro<br>HotApp<br>Youpi Key<br>All of these apps will hide all by a user defined keystroke, such as using one of the Fkeys.<br><br>

Re: Windows Desktop view - 01/28/03 01:55 PM

I just went to MacUpdate.com and searched under 'show desktop'...<br><br><br><br>[color:red]Hold on, it's time for a </font color=red> <br>
Posted by: Krasni

Re: Windows Desktop view - 01/31/03 05:25 AM

No sé si funcionará en X, pero con el 9 sí: alt + click en el escritorio. Para volver al programa: manzana + tab.<br><br>

Re: Windows Desktop view - 01/31/03 06:59 AM

I have something called SHOW DESKTOP that does exactly that. I found it at Versiontracker or MacUpdate. Have to install that on my new dualie and the new 12" AlBook come to think of it. Very handy. Free too as I recall. I currently only have it on my old iBook. Hey, three Macs running OS X!<br><br>http://versiontracker.com/moreinfo.fcgi?id=10005&db=mac<br><br>Link for info and download of Show Desktop<br><br><br>