parallels -- $59 today only

Posted by: EGR

parallels -- $59 today only - 05/11/07 08:20 PM

i just ordered. not sure why i waited so long, but they now make parallels recognize a currently installed Virtual PC XP installation, which makes it much easier for me. i am not sure why i want to have XP, but you never know. <br><br>amazon link here<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Topper

Re: parallels -- $59 today only - 05/12/07 06:03 AM

Yes, that is a very good price.<br>And free shipping on top of it.<br>Unfortunately, I've already got my copy.<br><br>p.s. Redo your link if you can.<br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: parallels -- $59 today only - 05/12/07 06:39 AM

Too bad i don't have an intel mac.<br><br>Here is the corrected link:<br>http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000GHIV2Q/macintoucwebsite<br><br>

Re: parallels -- $59 today only - 05/12/07 06:44 AM

The only reason I've got a copy is I helped a friend switch from PC to Mac.<br>I hope to have a new Mac Pro in another 2 or 3 months. <br>I am debating whether or not to install Windows on it.<br>The only reason I would do so is there are some nice PC applications for video editing.<br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: parallels -- $59 today only - 05/12/07 06:51 AM

I would need it for ONE website that's work-related. When I asked a company representative why it was IE 6 compatible only, he said that the new CEO for their company is a mac-head, that may change! <br><br>

Re: parallels -- $59 today only - 05/12/07 11:11 AM

thanks for the corrected link John. i found the link on macintouch's website and it redirected to amazon. i guess when i arrived at amazon, the URL continued to have the redirected site so it's not working for anyone else even though it worked for me last night. ah well. too late to edit. but the price is still good today.<br><br>

Re: parallels -- $59 today only - 05/12/07 12:35 PM

You are just like Sean, can't stand using that shift key <br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: parallels -- $59 today only - 05/12/07 01:00 PM

shift key ?<br><br>

Re: parallels -- $59 today only - 05/12/07 01:29 PM

You use the shift key most of the time, carp.<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: parallels -- $59 today only - 05/12/07 03:00 PM

Hust not aware of it, I guess <br><br>

Re: parallels -- $59 today only - 05/12/07 04:24 PM

I know, but he does more than you think.<br><br><br>

Re: parallels -- $59 today only - 05/12/07 04:25 PM

the shift key slows my typing speed down. i use it for formal things, but not for informal writing. and, much of my formal writing is done in Word, so it automatically capitalizes most of the times when i need it. it's all about speed.<br><br>
Posted by: FSM

Re: parallels -- $59 today only - 12/04/08 09:08 PM

whoa . . . i have no recollection of being EGR here. that must have been when i quit sean and before i picked up FSM. hmmm.

in any regard, i just upgraded to Parallels 4. i am trying to find directions for installing Ubuntu -- i have no intention of adding Windows as well.
Posted by: FSM

Re: parallels -- $59 today only - 12/04/08 10:00 PM

wow, i fiddled around for a while and then decided to install Ubuntu and it's already up and running (i am using it now).

i really like it, though i had to go with version 8.04 as 8.10 isn't yet supported. no biggie. i could see myself having my kids only use Ubuntu or EduBuntu on their computers . . . except that i am such a Machead i'd feel like i was letting the Mac community down. then again, i am also an open source fanatic. hmmmm.