XP on PPC

Posted by: OSXaddict

XP on PPC - 09/07/01 01:34 PM

just wanted to ask what the general consensus is on this? A friend of mine is gonna send the CD to me so I can check it out. <br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: XP on PPC - 10/01/01 10:55 AM

unless you are running VPC, you won't have much success in loading XP......<br><br>
Posted by: MacGuru

Re: XP on PPC - 10/01/01 12:56 PM

Hmm my opinion is WHY?????<br>Why has Micro$haft released XP on the PPC platform anyone who has a PPC will either be using Mac OS or Linux/Unix so why the hell would they want to use windoze?<br><br>Hmm ok panic over, i could be quite usefull as someone will be able to have dual boot and use software only available on windows which may be quite usefull, as VPC/softwindows are so slow.<br><br>
Posted by: johnengler

Re: XP on PPC - 10/01/01 05:52 PM

what ever... this has got to be a rumor... MS wouldn't do that ... why would anyone that can get a sub $800 Intel/AMD PC want to buy a Macintosh to run XP?<br><br><br><br>***<br>"Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms"<br> --Clint Eastwood in The Outlaw Josey Wales<br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: XP on PPC - 10/01/01 09:43 PM

Heh..forgot I even posted that here. Ok..well, I think the guy was full of it. He sent me "screenshots" which look fake, and supposedly the package got lost twice in the mail (sent via USPS) and when I recommended FedEx or UPS, he did but the supposedly met the FedEx man to get the package back cause I didn't believe him! Ha! Oh well....chalk another one up to the ole rumor mill.<br><br>