No more Internet Explorer!!!!

Posted by: Anonymous

No more Internet Explorer!!!! - 11/13/02 08:04 PM

i have started using <a href="http://www.mozilla.org/projects/chimera">chimera</a>. its only at version 0.6, but its blazing fast compared to internet explorer, its got a pop up blocker, tabbed windows and did i mention speed? <br><br>nice cool little features like a "view page source" button can be added into the toolbar too. you can set it up to automatically open say 5 different mac news sites in one tabbed window with one click.<br><br>they are saying that this is most likely the web browser apple is going to start shipping instead of internet explorer.<br><br>anyone else tried chimera?<br><br>www.clubmedia.com<br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: No more Internet Explorer!!!! - 11/13/02 08:44 PM

LOL... where have you been... this browser has been around for a long time now. And yes, we've heard of it. In fact, we had a thread about it about a week or two ago. Why did you create a username just to promote chimera? Was it to show off your web address in your sig?<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!
Posted by: hayesk

Re: No more Internet Explorer!!!! - 11/13/02 08:51 PM

Clubmedia is a newbie that wandered over from the MacNN forums. (I caught your thread there too). Yeah, everyone's heard of it.<br><br>Welcome to MM, clubmedia.<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: No more Internet Explorer!!!! - 11/13/02 08:54 PM

Same post at TMO too.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: No more Internet Explorer!!!! - 11/13/02 09:39 PM

i didn't create a username to post this thread, i have posted before... i didn't ask if you had heard of it, if anyone had used it... but of course i have stock in chimera so i just did this to promote chimera... smart guy... <br><br>and yes i just started using it today and absolutely love it, that is why i posted multiple places seeking responses and hopefully tips...<br><br>www.clubmedia.com<br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: No more Internet Explorer!!!! - 11/14/02 02:31 AM

Well, if you want all that, just go here http://chimera.eternaltedium.com/.....a whole message board about Chimera.<br><br>

Re: No more Internet Explorer!!!! - 11/14/02 06:23 AM

Here are some threads about Chimera here:<br><br>Chimera Themes<br><br>Chimera Review<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: No more Internet Explorer!!!! - 11/14/02 08:13 AM

That thing keeps crashing on me...<br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>
Posted by: RubenC

Re: No more Internet Explorer!!!! - 11/14/02 09:33 AM

I take it Chimera does not run in OS 9 ? I run OS X at home but at work it's still OS 9.<br><br>[color:blue]All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then Success is sure - Mark Twain</font color=blue>
Posted by: gnfnr2k

Re: No more Internet Explorer!!!! - 11/14/02 10:14 AM

i love it<br>i use this for most times<br>its this one message board i go to, it doesnt let me text im writing in. But its still great.<br><br>

Re: No more Internet Explorer!!!! - 11/14/02 11:10 AM

From the chimera web page:<br><br>Chimera is a browser for Mac OS X that has a Cocoa user interface, and embeds the Gecko layout engine. It is intended to be a simple, small and fast browser for Mac OS X. <br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!
Posted by: RubenC

Re: No more Internet Explorer!!!! - 11/14/02 12:05 PM

Rats!!! I'm outta luck at work.<br><br>[color:blue]All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then Success is sure - Mark Twain</font color=blue>