XP can't see printer connected to Airport Express.

Posted by: Pete

XP can't see printer connected to Airport Express. - 09/21/04 07:38 AM

Ok, so last night I decided to try out the wireless printing function that Airport Express boasts to have- I hooked the printer up via USB cable to the AX, plugged it in and turned it on.<br><br>I then went into my Printer Utility on the Mac and it 'Add'- I had a little trouble with this part- for some reason when I chose Rendezvous, jobs would not finish and just hung in the queue. But, I selected something along the lines of hp printing 2.3.1 from my drop-down menu and now everything prints fine from the Mac..<br><br>The real problem lies with the PC- I can't seem to browse and find the printer on the XP side, and I'm not sure how to directly connect to it- I know the address of the Airport Express, but I'm not sure how to find out the name of the printer on the network. 'Hewlett-Packard Deskjet 840C' seems a little too long to work, know what I mean?<br><br><br><br>[color:red]C'mon...you know me.</font color=red>
Posted by: Pete

Re: XP can't see printer connected to Airport Express. - 09/21/04 10:52 AM

Never mind, found this<br><br>Thanks, slackers..<br><br>[color:red]C'mon...you know me.</font color=red>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: XP can't see printer connected to Airport Express. - 09/21/04 05:08 PM

You didn't try that FIRST? <br><br><br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: XP can't see printer connected to Airport Express. - 09/21/04 05:10 PM

Glad we could help... putz! <br><br>