VIrtualPC 7?

Posted by: cesrivas

VIrtualPC 7? - 04/18/04 09:52 AM

<br>Do you think VirtualPC 7 will be ready soon? or VPC 7 is just vaporware? Office 2004 just hit GM but no news of VPC7.<br><br>%-) <--- me?
Posted by: six_of_one

Re: VIrtualPC 7? - 04/18/04 10:19 AM

VPC is part of Office 2004, IIRC, so it should be released when Office is ...<br><br>=)<br><br>[edit]<br><br>Actually, now that I'm looking at the Office 2004 Professional Edition description, it does not say which version of VPC will ship with it ... so I suppose it could still be v6.x ...<br><br>Does anybody know for sure which version will be shipping with 2004?<br><br>[/edit]<br><br>***matt<br><br>Turn up the signal, wipe out the noise ...<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by six_of_one on 04/18/04 01:34 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>
Posted by: JohnR

Re: VIrtualPC 7? - 04/18/04 10:33 AM

Yeah..but not version 7.<br>from the Applestore.com:<br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Plus, this edition of Office X includes Microsoft Virtual PC for Mac Version 6.1<p><hr></blockquote><p>
Posted by: Trog

Re: VIrtualPC 7? - 04/18/04 10:41 AM

I've read several times that VPC7 is coming this summer.<br><br>

Re: VIrtualPC 7? - 04/18/04 10:47 AM

Yeah, but that description is for the currently-shipping version of Office, not 2004 ... they do the same thing over at M$ - they describe the current line-up but don't say what version of VPC will be shipping with 2004 ...<br><br>=)<br><br>***matt<br><br>Turn up the signal, wipe out the noise ...
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: VIrtualPC 7? - 04/18/04 10:55 AM

I'd just buy a cheapo PC and be done with it. Emulation is never that good. I mean I have it, have used it for this and that. Unless you only have very infrequent use for VPC a cheap PC is a much better idea I think.<br><br>

From the MacMall description: - 04/18/04 11:03 AM

"Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Professional Edition gives you all the exciting new features of Office 2004 Standard Edition- including tools to help you work smarter, more effectively, and more efficiently -plus Microsoft Virtual PC for Mac Version 7 to keep you even more connected with the PC users in your life."<br><br>Also it says this edition will start shipping at the end of July ...<br><br>linko<br><br>=)<br><br>***matt<br><br>Turn up the signal, wipe out the noise ...
Posted by: hayesk

Re: VIrtualPC 7? - 04/18/04 05:25 PM

Or if you have a PowerBook and work away from home.<br><br>Other than that, I agree - a $300 PC will do just as good (if not better) a job.<br><br>