How to take a screenshot...

Posted by: Trog

How to take a screenshot... - 03/31/04 07:28 AM

in Windows XP? DM or hayesk or someone here mentioned this the other day. <br><br>
Posted by: squareman

Re: How to take a screenshot... - 03/31/04 07:30 AM

There's a "print screen" button that is part of the page-up, page-down key cluster in Windows. I don't know how to do it if you don't have an extended keyboard though.<br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: How to take a screenshot... - 03/31/04 07:32 AM

On a full keyboard, the print screen button is above and to the right of the page up/down cluster. Once you press it, your screenshot is copied to the clipboard, and you need to open a program such as Paint to paste it in. Through that program you can save the screenshot in whatever format you like.<br><br>

Re: How to take a screenshot... - 03/31/04 07:58 AM

Ok, thanks guys. There is a friend of mine that is always jealous of my screenshots. I'd swear he said he tried just what you mentioned and it didn't work... I'll tell him to try that again.<br><br>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: How to take a screenshot... - 03/31/04 08:05 AM

Why not give this a try too, and let us know how it works...<br><br>The whole PrintScreen/Paste in to Paint thing is a royal pain in the patoot.<br><br>[color:red]You slap my back, I'll slap yours!</font color=red>
Posted by: iraszl

Re: How to take a screenshot... - 03/31/04 08:17 AM

Screen to clipboard- Print Screen<br>Window to clipboard- Alt-Print Screen<br>And Windows Media Encoder (a free download from WindowsMedia.com) supports screen capture to video. This is something OSX can't do, but there is an excellent shareware to do it for us: http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/utilities/snapzprox/<br><br>

Re: How to take a screenshot... - 03/31/04 11:13 AM

Thanks a lot, guys, got it working now. Iraszl, that is pretty cool that Windows has a free option for video capture. Hopefully Tiger will include something like that!<br><br>
Posted by: cesrivas

Re: How to take a screenshot... - 03/31/04 07:25 PM

"Prt Sc" says in the keyboard, it captures the desktop, then use a graphical file app to paste it.<br><br>if you click "Alt"+"Prt Sc", it captures only the active window. :)<br><br>%-) <--- me?