MS VirtualPC for the Mac

Posted by: cesrivas

MS VirtualPC for the Mac - 03/05/04 04:27 PM

<br>do you use Virtual PC for the Mac? what do you think?<br><br>Sun sells a PC that conects in a PCI port of the SUN box (SUNPCI).. do you think this will be a good idea for any Hardware developer to port the drivers or make this PC to work in a PowerMac G4 or G5. So you will have a PC inside your Mac? or will be cheaper to get a Dell and use Remote Connection or VNC..?or to share the LCD, keyboard or mouse?<br><br>%-) <--- me?
Posted by: Swatcat

Re: MS VirtualPC for the Mac - 03/05/04 04:29 PM

It would be cheaper to buy a pc<br><br> My Ultimate Amazing Crap !
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: MS VirtualPC for the Mac - 03/05/04 04:58 PM

I have it...<br><br>It's only a deal if you buy the program seperate and use your existing copy of windows. <br><br>To pay $200 for it..no way. <br><br>
Posted by: cesrivas

Re: MS VirtualPC for the Mac - 03/06/04 09:02 AM

yes.. maybe a Cheap PC will be better but I like the Idea of having two computers which are in the same case, share the the Monitor, keyboard, mouse and some other devices.... <br><br>I just like the SUNPci tech from SUN... and think it is practical, wish it was Mac compatible....<br><br>%-) <--- me?
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: MS VirtualPC for the Mac - 03/06/04 12:13 PM

I had to use it for the first time in a long time yesterday to help translate a weird PC file that was sent to me. It was nice to be able to fire up VPC, open up Excel 97 to translate an old DOS database file and then continue on.<br><br>
Posted by: hayesk

Re: MS VirtualPC for the Mac - 03/06/04 06:00 PM

They used to have one in the PM 6100 and PM7200. They worked very well (full speed too), but they cost about $500 - more than a cheap PC.<br><br>
Posted by: TreeBeard

Re: MS VirtualPC for the Mac - 03/06/04 06:11 PM

Dunno why anyone would bother. <br>If one cannot work out how to use PC stuff on OS X, without VPC, then one should just be using PC.<br>VPC was always pretty well useless on any PowerMac, sure it could be used but the losses far outweighed the reality of using an IBM compatible machine, where running whatever version of windows, is your forté.<br>It was always a better solution to simply get M$ Office for your Mac.<br>Not necessarily a cheaper alternative but definitely one that worked, hassle free. <br><br><br><br>