printer sharing

Posted by: rigger

printer sharing - 11/23/03 01:25 PM

I am on a wireless network at home. I have a G4 dual 450 running OSX, My printer only runs in OS9 because epson has no X drivers. My wife has a pc on the network with a newer epson printer which has OSX drivers if I install the mac drivers on my computer can I share the printer. Is there anything special that I have to do. Will the mac find the printer. Thank You.<br><br>
Posted by: sross

Re: printer sharing - 11/23/03 04:07 PM

You can run the printer in X just fine. Mine is an Epson and the computer sees it just fine.<br>Go to the apple site and it will show you how to run both pc and mac on the epson. (you do have Panther, don't you?)<br><br>
Posted by: rigger

Re: printer sharing - 11/23/03 04:56 PM

no I just have jaguar , does it make any difference?<br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by rigger on 11/23/03 07:57 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>
Posted by: sross

Re: printer sharing - 11/23/03 05:15 PM

Check out this site at Apple<br>http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/printing<br><br>
Posted by: hayesk

Re: printer sharing - 11/25/03 09:12 AM

You may be able to download GimpPrint drivers for your old printer too. I had an Epson Stylus COLOR 670 that didn't have OS X drivers, but the GimpPrint drivers worked fine.<br><br>