Wow..it was easy!

Posted by: JohnR

Wow..it was easy! - 10/11/03 07:30 AM

Last night I replaced the hard drive in my powerbook with the new one and it was really easy! Took about 15-20 minutes max. Saved me $60 <br><br>
Posted by: sross

Re: Wow..it was easy! - 10/11/03 08:25 AM

And?..........................any spinning beachballs?<br><br>

Re: Wow..it was easy! - 10/11/03 08:31 AM

Well, so far it's running fine. Like before, it doesn't happen right away...so keep your fingers crossed.<br><br>What's weird now is my firewire hard drive is reading as a 120GB one now. <br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: Wow..it was easy! - 10/11/03 09:10 AM

Excellent news! What kind of drive was the one you replaced?<br><br>

Re: Wow..it was easy! - 10/11/03 09:12 AM

The one that is in it now is a Toshiba 40GB hard drive.<br><br>

Re: Wow..it was easy! - 10/11/03 09:55 AM

I meant the bad one. I just wanted to know for future reference what NOT to get. <br><br>

Re: Wow..it was easy! - 10/11/03 09:58 AM

That was in the PB? It was an IBM travelstar, which is actually made by Hitachi.<br><br>

Re: Wow..it was easy! - 10/11/03 10:06 AM

Oh, ha, nevermind. That is the same that has been in mine for the past three years without a hitch.<br><br>All drives are not equal.<br><br>
Posted by: hayesk

Re: Wow..it was easy! - 10/11/03 11:10 AM

Nope. I think every brand has had bad drives. My wife and I bought identical iBooks three years ago. Her iBook's hard drive is nice and quiet, but mine (which is the exact same brand/model) is loud and "tinny". Both of them have worked perfectly for the past three years though.<br><br>

Re: Wow..it was easy! - 10/11/03 12:41 PM

That's what I meant. How about "not all drives from the same manufactuerer are created equal?"<br><br>
Posted by: walzuhair

Re: Wow..it was easy! - 10/12/03 03:40 AM

That's a good brand, but that does not mean they are 100% trouble free.. Glitches happen, to the best of the best <br><br>Glad to know things are going OK now..<br><br><br>Waleed's Gallery