Why is my powerbook spitting out the Jag CD??

Posted by: JohnR

Why is my powerbook spitting out the Jag CD?? - 09/07/03 01:14 PM

OK..just tried to do a clean install. So I insert the 10.2 CD and click on the "restart now" button that pops up when you click on the install OSX icon on the CD.<br><br>I wait...it restarts..checking cd..then pop..spits it out and continues to boot up the HD.<br><br>Ok..no problem...restart holding down the C key...same as above..spits it out.<br><br>Shut down..wait...hit the powerbutton holding down the C key..same as above..spits it out.<br><br>What gives? Anyone know how I can fix this??<br><br>My stuff for sale.
Posted by: steveg

Re: Why is my powerbook spitting out the Jag CD?? - 09/07/03 01:17 PM

Put a little honey on the CD?<br><br>Seriously, sounds like it's not reading the boot volume (is that the right term?).<br><br>

Re: Why is my powerbook spitting out the Jag CD?? - 09/07/03 01:19 PM

That may be right..I don't know. The CD looks in good condition.<br><br>My stuff for sale.

Re: Why is my powerbook spitting out the Jag CD?? - 09/07/03 01:22 PM

What happens when you insert other CDs (music or app installers, etc.)? Also, did you try selecting the CD in the startup disc CP? See if that makes any dif.<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Why is my powerbook spitting out the Jag CD?? - 09/07/03 01:50 PM

Try using the Startup Disk Control Pane to select the CD as the boot volume. Does the computer see the CD when you insert it?<br><br> Alas, poor Yorick. -- Hamlet

Re: Why is my powerbook spitting out the Jag CD?? - 09/07/03 03:11 PM

Yes, it saw it.<br><br>I finally got it to boot up off of it and I did a clean install. Though I seem to have lost my iChat prefs (how I had labeled people so I knew who they were)<br><br>My stuff for sale.

Re: Why is my powerbook spitting out the Jag CD?? - 09/07/03 03:15 PM

So how did you get it to boot from the CD? Perseverance?<br><br> Alas, poor Yorick. -- Hamlet

Re: Why is my powerbook spitting out the Jag CD?? - 09/07/03 03:18 PM

Yes..and patience.<br><br>But now I have another issue..can't seem to drag stuff...so gonna restart<br><br>My stuff for sale.

Re: Why is my powerbook spitting out the Jag CD?? - 09/07/03 04:10 PM

That's a finder bug I've seen sometimes. Just quit & relaunch the finder.<br><br>

Re: Why is my powerbook spitting out the Jag CD?? - 09/07/03 05:14 PM

Yep, I've had it happen too, and the log out/in routine fixes it.<br><br> Alas, poor Yorick. -- Hamlet

Re: Why is my powerbook spitting out the Jag CD?? - 09/07/03 05:17 PM

Used to happen on rare occasions following a long session in Classic. Just quitting the finder always fixed it.<br><br>