Gonna try one of these...

Posted by: steveg

Gonna try one of these... - 06/14/14 02:47 AM

Cool mouse. The one thing that drives me nuts about my Apple Magic Mouse is its hyper-sensitivity in apps like InDesign, Illustrator, and Excel. Pages fly uncontrollably around the workspace, values entered into text boxes in the pallets run up and down on their own… It's like a mouse possessed. And the one I have at work is even worse because that machine is still on Snow Leopard. It's so bad that I gave it back to IT and brought in my trusty ol' Logitech M510.

But, this looks like it could be a Magic Mouse killer. Had me a big fat Staples coupon, so I ordered it for half price and it'll be delivered in a few days. If it solves the wild mouse problem, the Apple mouse and Mobee charger will be on CL in a heartbeat. If not, back she goes. But I have much-o faith in Logitech. Stay tuned...
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Gonna try one of these... - 06/17/14 08:03 PM

Those issues you're having with the cursor scrolling all over the place are a problem with Adobe's software (can't speak to Excel because I haven't had it installed in a long time). You can overcome some of the issues by adjusting the settings in the preferences of the individual apps (PS in particular).

Some of it is just over-sensitivity with the mouse though, and you're just hosed. Every once in a while I run into that same issue and it drives me crazy.

I'm interested to hear what you think about the Logitech. I normally avoid Logitech because of their stupid USB dongles, but this one is Bluetooth.

I love the Magic Mouse for its features, but it's about the most uncomfortable mouse I've used since I started using computers. It's too low-profile for me. This Logitech Touch Mouse looks like they taper it, so that will help. I just wish they would make the whole thing thicker instead of the tapering.

Re: Gonna try one of these... - 06/18/14 02:17 AM

I've tweaked all the preferences on the planet — system, apps, etc. No joy. I even tried a 3rd party utility that claimed to hearth even more editable prefs. Nada.

The Logitech is being delivered today, and I'm gonna give it a good shakedown over the next 2 or 3 days to see if it's an improvement.

Re: Gonna try one of these... - 06/18/14 04:27 PM

Well, so far so very good. Much better behaved than the Magic Mouse in those Adobe and Office apps. Still very quick to react, but pages don't fly off like frightened birds at the crack of a rifle.

It's TINY! Half the size and weight, but ergonomically well-balanced. It will take a day or two to get used to its compactness, but I'm liking it.

Will see if I still like it by the weekend, and if I'm keeping it, anyone want to buy my Magic Mouse and Mobee induction charger? PM me.

Re: Gonna try one of these... - 06/18/14 10:12 PM

Probably ought to keep them as backups, no?

Re: Gonna try one of these... - 06/19/14 02:57 AM

I keep an old generic wired mouse in a drawer as a backup, that way, if there's any kind of wireless or bluetooth issue, I can get around it.

Nicest feature, IMHO, is the A/B switch. I can pair this with my mini and MBP and just toggle from one to the other with the switch on the bottom of the mouse.

Re: Gonna try one of these... - 06/21/14 05:37 AM

It's a keeper. Being able to just slide the switch on the bottom and use it with my MBP was the closer. PM me if you're interested in buying the Magic Mouse and Mobee charger. I geev youse a gud priiiice. grin

Re: Gonna try one of these... - 06/21/14 07:20 AM

Can you program the mouse to accept one swipe left or right for forward back while surfing the web? It looks like it doesn't use the same gestures as Apple's mouse.

Re: Gonna try one of these... - 06/21/14 08:30 AM

It does, indeed. Doing it as we "speak". It has all the same one and two-finger options/gestures as the Magic Mouse, and a few more.

Re: Gonna try one of these... - 06/25/14 04:22 PM

Interesting. Thanks for the intel on this thing. Hopefully I can find one at the local office supply or computer store to try out. I like the idea of not having to use batteries - I just want to make sure it feels good in my hand. The damn Magic Mouse is awesome, except for the fact that it's just too low profile for me.

Re: Gonna try one of these... - 06/26/14 02:09 AM

Been using it for a/b a week now, and like it more every day. I'm gonna beat up on work to get one for the office, too. Best Buy has 'em. Staples has 'em, but only online.