Magic Trackpad

Posted by: MacBozo

Magic Trackpad - 12/25/13 04:19 PM

Got one! So far I can single click. Scrolling and double clicking doesn't seem to be working for me. What am I doing wrong?
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Magic Trackpad - 12/25/13 05:46 PM

Have you checked the preference pane?

Re: Magic Trackpad - 12/25/13 06:34 PM

Yep! I turned off USB Overdrive and that seems to have helped a little. I can't find any hardware limitations listed. I'm using my MacMini, Mid-2007, Apple refurbished, Core 2 Duo 2 GHz, OS 10.7.5, 2 GB RAM.
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: Magic Trackpad - 12/25/13 07:29 PM

Hey! I got one too!
I'm going to wait until tomorrow to set it up though.
But first, I must digest… wink
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Magic Trackpad - 12/25/13 09:14 PM

And the USB pairing is consummated? There's no hardware limitation that I know of because its a software driven thing, and 10.7 is fine with it. Jim will know!
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Magic Trackpad - 12/25/13 10:04 PM

Originally Posted By: MacBozo
Yep! I turned off USB Overdrive and that seems to have helped a little.
Meaning what? What is not still working?

Uninstall USB OD totally if something is still broken, the uninstaller is in Utilities. Reboot afterwards.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Magic Trackpad - 12/25/13 10:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Acumowchek
Hey! I got one too!
I'm going to wait until tomorrow to set it up though.
But first, I must digest… wink
Digested, napped too long, now I'll be up all night. grin
Posted by: steveg

Re: Magic Trackpad - 12/26/13 04:33 AM

Speaking of Magical Apple devices… I'm very happy with my Logitech M510 mouse. But, as part of my campaign to clean out extraneous apps and doodads, I wouldn't mind deleting the Logitech Unifying software bundle, which includes a pref pane and controllers for their mice and wireless keyboards, and that little USB dongle.

Anyone use a Magic Mouse, and what's your opinion?

Re: Magic Trackpad - 12/26/13 06:14 AM

Originally Posted By: Jim_
Originally Posted By: MacBozo
Yep! I turned off USB Overdrive and that seems to have helped a little.
Meaning what? What is not still working?

Uninstall USB OD totally if something is still broken, the uninstaller is in Utilities. Reboot afterwards.

Ah-ha! It was USB Overdrive. I now have full functionality (from the trackpad.) wink

Re: Magic Trackpad - 12/26/13 07:28 AM

Nebbermind… Had a Staples Rewards discount so I just bought me one and I'm lovin' it already! cool
Posted by: Papa

Re: Magic Trackpad - 12/26/13 09:39 AM

I have one that I am trying to like but haven't got there yet. I get it out and use it once in awhile but still go back to my Logitech wireless. I would dearly love to get rid of the dongle and USB hub it is attached to.

Re: Magic Trackpad - 12/26/13 09:57 AM

It takes getting used to. It's almost like mouse meets trackpad, so you have to play around with the settings to get into the comfort zone. I'm liking it a lot so far.

Re: Magic Trackpad - 12/26/13 10:03 AM

This trackpad needs a sensitivity adjustment. Wow, is it easy to click, etc. - too easy. It really requires a very light touch.
Posted by: Papa

Re: Magic Trackpad - 12/26/13 10:29 AM

I haven't spent a lot of time with the settings. I need to do that.

Re: Magic Trackpad - 12/31/13 04:25 PM

Well, I think I'm getting used to this thing. It's getting easier and easier to use the more I do use it. Getting used to the light touch is the biggest challenge. I'm getting fewer and fewer double clicks, etc. laugh
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: Magic Trackpad - 01/01/14 02:37 AM

Easy to use. I have one over 2 years and never had a problem with it. Just follow under Network Preferences and you will see Trackpad and how to use it.

Re: Magic Trackpad - 01/01/14 03:56 AM

Same with the Magic Mouse. I'm already used to it for the most part, but odd as it may seem, it's way more sensitive — maybe "squirrely" is a better descriptor — with some apps than with others. InDesign, for instance. If I so much as blink, it'll instantly scroll several pages into a multi-page document or jump to one corner or another of a page. But I'm gradually getting on top of it, and I still really like this mouse.
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: Magic Trackpad - 01/02/14 03:35 AM

You will get use to it in time.